[BBC News] Town planning needs 'team work'

Newsbot

Mr Malarkey said all the agencies, developers and the councils needed to work together to find a way of developing the housing market without creating any more "eyesores".

I wonder how many of these were also by Heritage Homes?

The South Douglas minister said more care should be taken when selecting developments.

Eh?.. :blink:

Now now Amadeus

Sour grapes are springing to mind here! :ph34r:

Last 10

Nope - I'm just sort of wondering since when he's a minister...

Do we actually have any kind of approach to town planning?

I thought they just threw up any old shite wherever they felt like it

There is supposed to be a Strategic Plan for the whole island and Local Plans for each area.

My copy of the Douglas plan shows a proposed road going up from the Peel Road to the back of the old Noble's Hospital. As they have allowed a church to be built there I assume they ignored their own plans.

Do we actually have any kind of approach to town planning?

I thought they just threw up any old shite wherever they felt like it

There is supposed to be a Strategic Plan for the whole island and Local Plans for each area.

My copy of the Douglas plan shows a proposed road going up from the Peel Road to the back of the old Noble's Hospital. As they have allowed a church to be built there I assume they ignored their own plans.

Is that the Jehovah's Witness church? If so, hasn't it been there for quite a while?

At least 10 years, if not more, the old cinder patch leads up to nobles carpark. I think you will find that the proposed road was scrapped as it has little no requirement now the hospital is not there any more.

At least 10 years, if not more, the old cinder patch leads up to nobles carpark. I think you will find that the proposed road was scrapped as it has little no requirement now the hospital is not there any more.

A lot less than 10 years! In fact the IoM Government Site still has it down as the old one on Withington Road.

Furthermore, if a new road served no other purpose than the demolition of Kingdom Hall, I'd vote for it!

Archived