Another Batch Of Food Rumours

3v0

Right, here are the latest rumours I have heard yesterday and today, just wondering if anyone can shed any light onto any of them.

1. Again the Pizza Hut rumour has surfaced, this time apparently where Strand 58 is now, or where the old safeway cafe was.

2. Burger King, one rumour also had this at Strand 58.

3. Starbucks at the waterloo, this one has a bit more weight to it I think...

4. The upstairs of Havana is being turned into a pie shop, this could have been a joke at my expense!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Again the Pizza Hut rumour has surfaced, this time apparently where Strand 58 is now

I've heard this pretty much confirmed as fact from a very good source a few weeks ago.

Not heard anything about the others. I'm sure Slim's piedar would have picked up on the opening of a new pie shop in Douglas so I'm calling bullshit on that.

Pizza Hut is pretty exciting, not sure i'm impressed they are getting rid of strand, I know it is usually full of "Skallies" but it's generally not a bad place, different atmosphere to normal "pubs" if your not that into them.

Also I liked Havana upstairs you could sit in a corner with a corona and almost convince yourself you weren't on the isle of man in winter!

If they bring BK over though I won't care about any of it because I will be 25 stone by next year, on a TV show for britains fattest man the year after, and in my oversized coffin the year after that! Mmmm XL bacon double cheeseburgers............"64 slices of american cheese...."

I think that is all a real shame!! The IOM is unique (ish) in that it is not too bogged down with fast food joints etc - it will make strand street look just like every cloney high street in Britian - if not the world!

I am proud of the fact that i grew up in a place that didnt offer such junk and I think it did me favours in that even now i am not a big fan of fast food etc. - not compared to my peers in the UK raised on sunday treat McDonalds!

Pizza Hut is expensive and rubbish compared to what you could get at any of the decent eateries on the Island.

Starbucks, why do you need another coffee place when you have that one in, is it Costa in the bookshop?

Burger King - total minging junk food - no better then McDonalds

Slug N Lettace = poncy weatherspoons, extortianate prices, generally to be avoided at all cost, almost on par with All Bar One

Does anyone else think its a shame or are you all proper chuffed with these stores opening?

I think that is all a real shame!! The IOM is unique (ish) in that it is not too bogged down with fast food joints etc - it will make strand street look just like every cloney high street in Britian - if not the world!

I am proud of the fact that i grew up in a place that didnt offer such junk and I think it did me favours in that even now i am not a big fan of fast food etc. - not compared to my peers in the UK raised on sunday treat McDonalds!

Pizza Hut is expensive and rubbish compared to what you could get at any of the decent eateries on the Island.

Starbucks, why do you need another coffee place when you have that one in, is it Costa in the bookshop?

Burger King - total minging junk food - no better then McDonalds

Slug N Lettace = poncy weatherspoons, extortianate prices, generally to be avoided at all cost, almost on par with All Bar One

Does anyone else think its a shame or are you all proper chuffed with these stores opening?

Personally wouldn't class anything these places sell as food. There are plenty of better places to eat on the IOM - there's not a huge selection but it's slowly getting better. Happy to say I've never set foot inside MacDonalds or KFC.

Strand 58 is a place I love to go to buy drinks as a lot of the other ones in town (Havana, Aperitivo, C'est La Vie etc) were too over priced! Also, they do some really nice food at lunch, at a good price too. Going to miss the place if it goes :(

I once heard that in Bermuda it's illegal for 'chains' such as McDonalds and Burger King to set up there as it would generally bring down the tone of the Island

Anyone connfirm if that's true?

Archived