Bye Bye Imperial

jim

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many years ago I used to work in the Royal in Port Erin when it was the chain of the Imperial, Royal and I forget what the other one was (Regal wasn't it?). I can't remember if it was the Imperial or the one I forget the name of, but there was a rumour that there was a big pentagram on the floor under the carpets as witchcraft used to be performed there - probably total bollocks but it made a good story for those on night duty :)

Bye ugly building. I used to collect hire car customers from there back in the olden days when we had tourists, looked like it needed knocking down then. If only developers would learn how to put nice windows in their new places, those small square plastic white things look dreadful, even when they are new.

When I was there the group was, Imperial, Royal, Princess and Countess. That was in 90 - 93 and the pentagon rumour was still going then.

Countess went first, then the princess, now the Imperial, can't be long before the Royal goes. I still know people there and they are planning an ex-employees party when and if it gets announced.

When I was there the group was, Imperial, Royal, Princess and Countess. That was in 90 - 93 and the pentagon rumour was still going then.

The Countess, that's the one I couldn't remember thank you :) - Which one was supposed to have the pentagon was it the Countess - if so did it get confirmed when it was demolished?

Countess went first, then the princess, now the Imperial, can't be long before the Royal goes. I still know people there and they are planning an ex-employees party when and if it gets announced.

I was there between 91 & 93 too baz, where did you work then, i did a bit of all sorts porting/bar/waiting in the summer, getting away with murder in the winter, although i wouldnt of exactly called it payed work for what was earned!

I though Trish new about the Pentagon though.

• 1 year later...

Archived