[BBC News] CCTV cameras to control TT fans

Newsbot

As street crime programmes are so popular these days maybe an

"IOM TT Streetcrime DVD" would be a money spinner for the goverment to re-coup some of the cost of this anti crime idea.

:ph34r:

I saw a very new police transit on Friday with an expensive looking cctv camera on the roof, so they could be watching you anywere :ph34r:
That one's been here for a year or so. Used all over the Island for different events.

was used during last year's TT as well - parked at the funfair all the time

post-1086-1177884229_thumb.jpg

Wonder how much more cctv we really need..plus it's no good if no-one monitors it.

The issue is not the crime over the TT, the issue is that 90% of this increased amount of trouble over the TT period is performed by locals. I have to ask, are these local tospots in training for the rest of the year?

"I get up at 5am, punch the cat for 4 hours followed by a stretch of the feet by kicking the couch until 12. After lunch I swear at the TV until after Neighbours and head out to the park, where I catapult vomit for 4 straight yards...It is a tough life, but I get by, one day at a time"

Local bovver boys need to stay at home for the 2 weeks and allow the visitors to have a holiday.

interview on radio said that a number of home office units would be coming to be placed all along the promenade, and also cameras would be in the marquee at the Peel festival, and if anything was seen on the tapes and it was a local person they would be getting a 'knockon the door' (presumably all the visitors get away scott free !)

Archived