Guernsey To Discuss Severing Link With Uk

Cronky

I left the Island in the late 60's having the option of ‘horse trams in the Summer and dole in the Winter’

Who would have guessed that economic depression would have had such an "up" side.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But with his renewed interest in the Manx Forums, t'would seem he is still tied here by one of the three. Unfortunately, he has not fully left the IOM.

My ties with the Island are simply a friendship that I have with a couple of REAL Manx people.

I left the Island in the late 60's having the option of ‘horse trams in the Summer and dole in the Winter’ --- or try for something better.

I made the right choice. Not a choice that I wanted to make, one that I and many others have been forced to make.

If the Island really does go for full independence, and if it is allowed to have it, then that situation where people with one ounce of drive and who don’t fit in have no alternative other than up sticks from their home will come again.

The last time the economy driver went toes up the financial sector aka tax dodging provided an alternative source of wealth. If THAT goes, and it most certainly will as it is well on that path now, what will be left?

A morning boat --- or a life of procrastination.

Well Rog, you have been gone a long time and have no regrets. So why keep on opening the wound that made you leave by posting on here?

Best to forget the island and keep your ill-founded opinions to your self.

That told him, when Rog first started on here, after his long lay-off, I used to laugh. After reading enough of his posts, I realised he does actually mean what he writes. That's when you stop laughing and start worrying. He wouldn't be the perfect next door neighbour.

Where has he moved too? Poor Sods.

I know I've kicked your arse on these forums a few times but you're not being coherent and getting all het up about it isn't going to help you make sense.

Dream on little man.....

Let me make it as simple as possible so that even the most intellectually challenged amongst us might actually be able to grasp the concept:

Those who are bright and ambitious and confident they can get on in life quickly realise that no matter how talented or successful they are if they stay on the IOM then all they will ever be is a big fish in a very very small pond.

Dear me, I guess the mentality can only expand as far as the borders they can see.......

I left the Island in the late 60's having the option of ‘horse trams in the Summer and dole in the Winter’ --- or try for something better.

Unlike other places, it appears that the island recognised your potential and the true extent of your talents.

Unlike other places, it appears that the island recognised your potential and the true extent of your talents.

I really did laugh out load at that! You could well be right!

If you had any clue about my background (and career history), you wouldn't be making such stupid statements

Oh really? Like I would care or something?

Dream on, little man, dream on....

And yet, you seem to care enough to make, and continue to make, comments on it.

I didn't realise how important I was to you...please feel free to keep posting and show us all how little you care

:lol:

Those who are bright and ambitious and confident they can get on in life quickly realise that no matter how talented or successful they are if they stay on the IOM then all they will ever be is a big fish in a very very small pond.

You're there, I'm not. QED little man.......

You're still there little tugger, I'm not - QED.

By all means try and dress it up that with me pointing it out somehow "means" that I "care" about your being there - oh yes.

Because it says more about you than reasoned argument ever can little man. Dream on in your very very small pond....

Just can't resist coming back for more, can you, that's how little you care.

Come on, keep on coming back - it really proves your point.

:D:D:D

There’s a huge difference between caring and simply being irritated by something.

From where I sit ‘Tugger’ cares, and PK is at most mildly irritated at the staggering inconsequential drivel being presented as an opposing viewpoint to his own.

So the answer to the Topic is ....

yes we could be taken over by green eyed men from Mars, we know the Keys couldn't vote it through, but we wouldn't know or be bothered because we would be too busy exchanging insults....

to thyat extent it would occur behind closed doors

Archived