Accident On Loch Prom This Morning.

The Thriller

Spotted someone who had Just been knocked of their bike on the prom this morning, I couldnt tell if they were Male or Female but it looked really bad, they weren't moving.

It was an awful sight.

Could anyone tell me if they are ok, Thanks.

I saw the police van screaming along the prom this morning when I was parking up about 10.30 and I wondered what it was :(

It was earlier than this, when I set off for work from the prom at about 8.50 there were a couple of police vans diverting traffic.

Like Thriller - hope everyone involved is O.K.

think of that Death Race film..in the film if you killed people didn't you earn points to win.that's what motorcyclists are for isn't it - potential points for Death Race competitors?

Do the forum moderators really think that the above is acceptable. I will probably face more sarcastic and wholly unfunny replies but who cares. It is bad enough that somebody gets knocked off a bike our crashes a car but then some idiot comes along and makes a big joke about it.

Having had quite a serious motorcycle accident myself some years ago, I don't find copycats post offensive, I think he was trying to be ironic i.e. that despite being a film, 'Deathrace 2000' is an everyday reality on the roads.

IMO, there is no such thing as an accident...just people who don't think, people who underestimate risk, people that overestimate their own experience and the experience of others, people that don't get their cars mechanically checked regularly, and people that allow themselves to be easily distracted.

We all potentially have a 'licence to kill' if we drive irresponsibly in various circumstances. That said, driving standards should be about building experience and education, and not about further legislating for the lowest common denominator i.e. the thickest driver on the road (the police already have sufficient powers to take these idiots off the roads).

Archived