Iom Newspapers - Price Reduction!

copycat

Its good to see that IOM Newspapers are making a contribution towards reducing the IOM's inflation by reducing the price of the IOM Examinder to 58 pence (and so quickly after having raised the price a few weeks ago). Guess the cost of newsprint has gone down or the energy costs for producing and distributing the paper, 'cos what else could it be?

Its good to see that IOM Newspapers are making a contribution towards reducing the IOM's inflation by reducing the price of the IOM Examinder to 58 pence (and so quickly after having raised the price a few weeks ago).

Strange... I don't see "Isle of Man Newspapers" in the RPI.

Guess the cost of newsprint has gone down or the energy costs for producing and distributing the paper, 'cos what else could it be?

Er... higher advertising revenue? Lower staff costs? Lower transport costs? A simple commercial decision to price more competitively? A rise in circulation? Higher internet revenue? Any one of a thousand things?

Or of course it could be one of the Illumanxati plots to drive hte newspaper out of business so they can launch their own pro-alien dopplegangers propaganda leaflet. Soon they'll be coming for you in the media, too...

A simple commercial decision to price more competitively? A rise in circulation? Higher internet revenue? Any one of a thousand things?

Or of course it could be one of the Illumanxati plots to drive hte newspaper out of business so they can launch their own pro-alien dopplegangers propaganda leaflet. Soon they'll be coming for you in the media, too...

They've got competitors?!

Its good to see that IOM Newspapers are making a contribution towards reducing the IOM's inflation by reducing the price of the IOM Examinder to 58 pence (and so quickly after having raised the price a few weeks ago). Guess the cost of newsprint has gone down or the energy costs for producing and distributing the paper, 'cos what else could it be?

Its a print error. The barcode doobry still flashes up 60p but if they don't scan it the face price is 58p. Some one has dropped a bollock.

A simple commercial decision to price more competitively? A rise in circulation? Higher internet revenue? Any one of a thousand things?

They've got competitors?!

Peel City Guardian is killing them I heard :P

Its a print error. The barcode doobry still flashes up 60p but if they don't scan it the face price is 58p. Some one has dropped a bollock.

shirley shom mishtake - IOM Nespapers can't be that bad that they don't even know the price of their flagship publication - I mean if its a "printing error" what sort of apologies will they have make to explain "Some one has dropped a bollock."??

Great, I'm going to save up all my 2p's and in a 130 weeks time, buy myself an extra pint of guinness, looking forward too it already..........................................................................that's great, unless it the paper or the guinness goes up in the meantime..........................................still if I can wait 130 weeks, what's another month or three.

shirley shom mishtake - IOM Nespapers can't be that bad that they don't even know the price of their flagship publication - I mean if its a "printing error" what sort of apologies will they have make to explain "Some one has dropped a bollock."??

Who gives a fuck?

I was going to say yours, but according to your members profile, yours are older than mine, mine must have worked harder, anyway, my dogs, he's 12, (84 in doggy years) I used too be able to catch him, now I can't. Therefore, his legs are younger than they used to be.

Archived