Iom Newspapers - Price Reduction!

copycat

Well, give a little respect to the old girl (and the dog!).

Completely off topic, but how do you work out a dog's equivalent human age? (I always worked on the 7 year model you have.) There was a poster up in the vets when I took our old girl (14) which gave ages depending on size and she wasn't nearly as old as we thought she was.

if its a complete bollocks will IOM Newspapers have the guts to say so in the next issue - something like "oh dear sorry readers we made a mishtake we really don't know what price our product is so this week its back up to 60p, we hope you don't notice we are thicko's and can't count and you are too for paying through the nose for a Govt subsidised monopoly product"

if its a complete bollocks will IOM Newspapers have the guts to say so in the next issue - something like "oh dear sorry readers we made a mishtake we really don't know what price our product is so this week its back up to 60p, we hope you don't notice we are thicko's and can't count and you are too for paying through the nose for a Govt subsidised monopoly product"

Excuse me while I curl up in a ball, p'ing myself laughing. Is 60p as opposed to 58p a week a scandal worth expending any energy or thought about?

Christ .. if 2p is such a major issue for you I'm sure they'll send you a cheque in the post if you paid 60p in error.

Have the men in white coats let you out again? Its been a week or two.

You've been trying to put pressure on them, haven't you? "If you don't print my letter about dog sh*t - especially the white kind - the corpy bye-laws officer and the Sefton conspiracy, I'm going to tell everyone about your price cock up!"

Personally, I think you needed just a 'tad' more leverage.

Completely off topic, but how do you work out a dog's equivalent human age? (I always worked on the 7 year model you have.) There was a poster up in the vets when I took our old girl (14) which gave ages depending on size and she wasn't nearly as old as we thought she was.

Why do people do it at all? Nobody works out a cat's age in human years, or a goldfish's, or a gerbil's. Why do people do it for dogs?

It's because they're skanked up mentals.

Its a print error. The barcode doobry still flashes up 60p but if they don't scan it the face price is 58p. Some one has dropped a bollock.

Techy bit.

The price is not incorporated in the barcode.The barcode is purely a graphical representation of the items code.

When scanned, the barcode is sent to the till as a number ,123456 for example, and the database in the till then brings up the associated price for that item.

If the database was kept upto date, this price difference would not happen.

Why do people do it at all? Nobody works out a cat's age in human years, or a goldfish's, or a gerbil's. Why do people do it for dogs?

It's because they're skanked up mentals.

:lol: Better than being a skanked up pork product!

and to-day the Manx Indie is 2p cheaper than last week - seems surprising though that IOM Newspapers isn't saying that its pleased to be able to reduce the price....

Your definition of surprising is obviously much more sensitive than mine. Are you really the sad person your posts make you out to be?

Archived