They Must Be Nuts..............

Fossils

A flippant post, but behind it is a fair point. B&Q doesn't seem to know that these products are useless over here, yet they know enough about the IOM not to be able to deliver items that are on their website but not stocked here, because they are not listed as stocked here (eh?). You would think that they would be happy to deliver special order items (if paid for at the time of order, plus carriage) to the IOM shop.

What a relief it is to find that a well-known Douglas DIY store carries a good stock of fox, mole and squirrel deterrents. Rush out and buy some before they sell out.

If you read the back of the pack you'll find it repels more than just foxes and squirrels. I bought some of the same to stop next door's cat shitting in my garden - and it works.

I bought some of the same to stop next door's cat shitting in my garden - and it works.

A large steel shovel is equally effective and much more long lasting.

Plus it's fun.

just a good word for the Island B&Q in that it is considerably better stocked than the so-called B&Q warehouse at Guiuldford and also offers me a "wrinklies'" discount which is not the case for Guildford - however I trust their delivery system has been re-organised as a few years ago whilst setting up my flat I would get deliveries at 10pm as well as goods damaged in delivery.

If you read the back of the pack you'll find it repels more than just foxes and squirrels. I bought some of the same to stop next door's cat shitting in my garden - and it works.

how does it work ? does the smell put them off or do they eat the repellant ? what colour is it ?

It's a tin of foul smelling liquid. You wrap a bit of rag round a stick, or a strip of J-cloth if you're a bit middle class, dunk it in and stick it in the ground. The smell puts them off.

They had squirrel food over winter, it was reduced down to something like 20p a bag in January.

I did consider buying a bag to see how wide a geographical area it worked over, but then I was told squirrels are apparently predisposed against most forms of sea travel, and were unwilling to stump the airfair for a free nosh.

In fairness, I guess its not as simple as you might think to change the stocking of each branch, otherwise I am sure they would have loved to save the transport cost of those squirrel treats.

If you want to scare the pussy cats out of your garden, either get some lynx sh*** from the wildlife park, or use a water pistol. Of course, there is also the old standby of kicking....

They had squirrel food over winter, it was reduced down to something like 20p a bag in January.

That'll be a bag of nuts I presume.

Really though who in their right mind feeds the squirrels? Dirty little disease filled vermin

Did they have rat food too?

Archived