Moss-mania In London

Amadeus

Kate Moss range debuts across UK

Shoppers across the UK have their chance to get their hands on a fashion range designed by supermodel Kate Moss at clothing retailer Topshop.

Thousands of shoppers mobbed the Oxford Street store as the collection went on sale, and more are queuing in the hope of getting their hands on items later. Ms Moss appeared in the flagship store's window for about 10 seconds on Monday as her clothing line was launched before a hitch led to the curtains closing on her.

Limited purchases

Fashion fans visiting the Oxford Street store on Monday night were only allowed to view the Kate Moss designs for 20 minutes per person, in small groups.

They were allowed to try on a maximum of eight garments and buy just five pieces per person.

Topshop said it had introduced the limit on how many items people could buy to prevent the clothes being quickly sold off on auction website eBay.

m1qi7.gif

m2oi4.gif

So someone who's famous for walking up and down a catwalk for a living and having a drug-addict partner brings out some clothes and the world goes loopy? And where are the really vital accessories in that range? Pocket mirrors, engraved razer blades, golden straws? Thw world's gone ga-ga (again..)

[quote name='GD4ELI' date='May 1 2007, 01:22 PM' post='233865'

Just the female divison - the rest of us like Kate for other reasons.

And what reasons are those??

She woofs. Because she is a dog.

it's only "the female division" that think she's gorgeous, most blokes I've spoken with hardly think she's that special (but "probably would")

The mania over "her design inspired clothes" is just sad, sad, sad sheep-like behaviour in my eyes, follow the crowd....

Having said that, most of them probably think supporting a footy team is the same! :D

ho hum.

I dont see what all the fuss is about, unless its something to do with her connecting with the masses unlike other celebs who have a clothes range. Topshop is in the normal womans price range so perhaps it has something to do with that?

Anthoo i think she is a boot and needs a few kebabs.

They were allowed to try on a maximum of eight garments and buy just five pieces per person.

Topshop said it had introduced the limit on how many items people could buy to prevent the clothes being quickly sold off on auction website eBay.[/i]

Yep, this limit did the trick, there are only 5264 items on e-bay, Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Topshop is in the normal womans price range

<_< Is it?! I'd like to think that I am a 'normal' woman with a 'normal' woman's budget for clothes but if I need to buy an outfit for an occasion, or am jyst browsing for some nice pieces of clothing, then I never ever go near TopShop - the clothes in there are overly expensive and don't have the quality to show for the price you pay.

Although I don't neccesarily agree with the way in which Lily Allen behaves I find her a better role model for young girls then Kate Moss - at least Lily Allen looks like she's eaten something in the past decade.

Archived