Yay!

slinkydevil

I'm absolutley thrilled that Manx Gas are increasing the cost of Gas by 8% especially after the other recent rise in September. Now it's getting a little bit colder it should make for a great christmas!! Further increases before christmas are also expected - bonus!

:blink:

Edited to add:

"Mr Sidley says the company did everything possible to absorb costs and delayed changes for as long as possible."

Delayed until it gets cold and everyone has their heating on - very thoughtful, thanks.

Well I bought a couple of those convex heaters from Edmunsions (spelt?) £14.99 (I think you can get em in that Faze?? place too) 11p per hour to run.

f**k those robbing b***dards @ 'Manx' gas.... Manx indeed

Is it any wonder business on this Island is going down the pan?? not only do we have to find the extra 8% but so do companies & guess what they're not going to ask their shareholders for it! lets all pass the costs on, see where that gets us.

kiss that crimbo bonus goodbye!

The fire is just a luxury really (have gas heating) nothing beats it when it's burning, it's a nice big one :-)

Keep pondering converting the heating to oil but the conversion is pricey :-(

I've got gas and certainly WILL NOT convert to Oil. Haven't any of you seen what the oil price is doing just now? Haven't you heard of the Bush Iraq Democracy Oil company (still unsuccessfully trying to pump) and, of course, all the hurricanes in the US which has damaged and flatten nearly all the oil riggs in the gulf.

Gas may be part of the petro chemical consortimum, but it is still cleaner, and cheaper in the long run.

Living in an old three story house with GCH was costing me about £300 every couple of months. Converted to oil and now a full tank in September (£230 ish) will last me until the summer.

Cost me £2000 to convert to oil and even my crappy math skills can see that I've pretty much saved that money back already.

It only cost you £2000 to convert? Did they use all your existing pipework and did that include everything? (Boiler/tank etc) Who did it for you?

Archived