"fly-camping Unlikely To Be A Problem"

Doric

It seams to me that Manx radio are getting ever more BBC-esque in their 'news' reports.

Her - Manx Radio 'News' Repiort , even thoughthe Department of Tourism have stated that extra bed spaces should meet accomadation targets, it looks like Manx radio have amalgamated a thread on these forums about dodgy motorhomes parking, with some statement or other from someone or other on that there is limited campsite spaces available (duh..), , and then assumed everyone is going around panickingthere is going to be loads of fly-camping.

Sloppy news reporting done in the back of the pub with some mates, a la Spitting Image Style? Yep, I reckon so, or something like.

If you can make it look like news then it is news. Even better if you get someone to talk very authoritatively on the matter. When one of them advocates have to tell you the law on the matter then it is real serious,.

Oh and don't forget "it's best to go and have a word with them first:". Well what sort of word is that first?

A sloppier piece of a news item I have yet to come over.

Oh and don't forget "it's best to go and have a word with them first:". Well what sort of word is that first?

I'd have thought "Sling your bloody hook" would be the sort of thing they suggested.

The way the news article was structured seems to suggest that fly camping is the preferred way of getting around TT accomodation problems. I'm waiting for the DTL to claim 70,000 more beds created through their TT fly camping initiative and for someone to claim credit for the idea.

Archived