Tt Traffic - Commuting Into Douglas

buggane

TT Traffic - What will you do ?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Further to the topic about the trains over TT week, interested to know what peoples views are on commuting into Douglas over TT

Luckely I start at 3.30am ( ish ) and im finished for 9am (ish) so shouldnt be a problem. But then again Im gonna be really busy at TT WEEK as I work around the prom area (Douglas) and also Ramsey so I might be finishing late.. if not then I gonna keep away from th roads and stay in bed.

I have booked the fortnight off on hols, mainly cause I marshal the mountain and work in Douglas so it would have been practically impossible for me to actually do anything if I was working

From the horses mouth today, apparently 20,000 bikes already booked and paid for. Does not include vans, cars etc. Estimates of 45-50,000 people seem to be building to being quite realistic.

It is going to be busy, but I think you'll find that most TT week traffic does not commute into Douglas in the morning, plus several thousand cars are likely not to be commuting kids to school, plus many locals are taking the week off etc. It will be a mixed picture I think, with traffic flows that we don't normally see in the morning.

I think the sensible thing to do would be to avoid hotspots like Quarter Bridge, St Ninians, Broadway etc. if you possibly can. Most sensible employers will realise that there are likely to be traffic problems TT week. If you work flexi-time why not start at 8 and finish at 4 instead of 5 (and get to avoid the traffic and enjoy more of the nightlife and summer evenings). - or even taking some days, or all of TT week off.

IMO the main problem people are going to have will be getting a park in Douglas - so if I was a commuter from out of town having to search for a park each morning, I would be seeking to car-share, or looking into getting the bus and looking at parking arrangements/facilities near the out of town bus terminals.

Archived