Is The Tt Financially Proven Or Viable

He is over the last

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trolls thread.

in answer to 'He is over the last' its clearly well worth putting the event on a small extra expenditure for massive increases in all forms of transport, homestay, petrol, entertainment and food sales. it generates a massive amount of revenue for the local business and government.

1/2 the island has a TT money spninnng scheme from homestay, home rental, burger vans, parking in fields that all generates income that goes back into the economy.

the TT is great when yr a kid becasue its exciting, its great when you are teenager as noone cares you are underage drinking, its great when you are an adult becasue you can earn a few quid from it or simply enjoy one of the worlds greatest sporting events.

so stop your trolling or theres always a boat in the morning, fella. like.

I'm talking both where culpability of the organisers can be proved.

Another year on and that same old chestnut rearing it's head again.

the Police quote cost of each road death at £500,000

I would like to know how they calculate figures such as these and how much of the cost is actually additional cost arising soley because of the incident rather than an ongoing cost which is apportioned to it, e.g. police time. I am sure the cost of investigation of road deaths is significant, but so will the cost of investigating any other matter if you apportion costs in the same way. Would there be any difference in the cost of a non-fatal crash?

Perhaps I should have been more specific, someone involved requires hospitalisation and possibly is never able to return to gainful employment. Much along the same lines as your point above. However, the soundbite 'cost of road deaths' is a much better sell.

Another year on and that same old chestnut rearing it's head again.

I thought that, as chestnuts go, this one was fairly juvenile. Has this sort of thing been properly tested in court yet? It came close last year in the lower than it might have been visibility rope at Quarterbridge Road case.

The TT is a celebration and to many perhaps a Raison d'être.

Frances, you will be aware that for example the people in Shetland virtually live for their annual Up Hellya celebrations, with many returning from all corners of the globe for that wintry festival.

In the Isle of Man, take away the TT and you take away the very soul of this Island. You see, there are many here that simply do not worship and live for money. Although of course there are many that do and their numbers seem to rising.

Perhaps the TT could be replaced by the world's first money festival or something like that.

Money.

Up Hellya causes much less disruption and does not involve noisy, speeding, fecking bikes. I don't worship money - I prefer nature and the environment. Greedy bastards and developers are what takes away the very soul of this Island.

I think the TT is brilliant and it just wouldn't be the same without "noisy, speeding, fecking bikes." If I really hated bikes, I would perhaps consider living somewhere else, like the shetlands.

It is possible to live on the Island for those two weeks and miss out completely. On the odd occasion I have been working or just wasn't in the mood I barely noticed anything going on. And I live in the middle of Douglas!

The TT is a celebration and to many perhaps a Raison d'être.

Frances, you will be aware that for example the people in Shetland virtually live for their annual Up Hellya celebrations, with many returning from all corners of the globe for that wintry festival.

In the Isle of Man, take away the TT and you take away the very soul of this Island. You see, there are many here that simply do not worship and live for money. Although of course there are many that do and their numbers seem to rising.

Perhaps the TT could be replaced by the world's first money festival or something like that.

Money.

Up Hellya causes much less disruption and does not involve noisy, speeding, fecking bikes. I don't worship money - I prefer nature and the environment. Greedy bastards and developers are what takes away the very soul of this Island.

Up Helly 'Aa is a festival, a celebration, for the local population in Lerwick (about the size of Onchan). It isn't an event that is for 'tourists', although many people do travel to it these days. It's a one night event (bar the hangover day on Wednesday) and produces no more disruption in the town than Bonfire night does. Some roads are closed for the dragging of the galley, but it's only for an hour.

The TT must, in my opinion, produce substantial disruption to the lives of everyone in the island. I don't know how you would calculate the financial cost of this two week event to the population of the island but I don't believe that the income, or the 'tourist advertising' (do we have tourists any more?) comes anywhere near the real cost.

2007 should be the last and final year of this event.

Its cheeky as fuck the number of come-overs who complain about it, in fact one of my all time favourites was the old duffer who moved to the island to retire and complained on the moanin line that he couldn’t get out of his new house in race week because it was on the course!

People cannot move to a different country and then bitch about how things are "inconvenient" or “different”

This is the isle of man not England/Britian/Scotland/Wales or any other country, anyone who moved to the island cannot have a say in the future of the TT, it’s been around for 100 years now so get used to it or "there’s a boat in the morning".

Archived