Is The Tt Financially Proven Or Viable

He is over the last

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....you can't tell me that anyone who races in the TT is not aware of the risks involved in doing so. ...........................................the racers know exactly what they are getting themselves into before they ride.

I'm not convinced on this point - I'm not sure they really do face up to the potential risks and consequences. No racer will ever truly believe it will happen to them. And when the realities of a bad incident are witnessed, many riders don't seem able to continue. I know there are several examples of this, but off the top of my head Agostini and Jim Moodie are a couple.

I'm sure that the partner and two year old daughter of the Scandinavian riding in his first TT and crashing into a less than well padded gatepost in Kk Michael last year and 'seeing' out the rest of the practice in a body bag are still in full agreement that was how it should have been.

They can and do do good work on non-course roads - a prime example is the changes to the road at Fairy Bridge a few years ago, including losing the off-camber farm track entrance just before the bridge heading north, and the overall quality of the new surface was excellent.

Either that is a joke or you must work for the DOT! If you have ever driven on that road in the rain/wet you will see the many little 'rivers' running across the road, a number of them right on the corners, resulting in the road surface being unpredictable and dangerous. Not good at all!

There is nothing good to say about our roads, end of story. Never mind 'traffic calming' (who thought of that nonsense phrase anyway?!) on the Mountain Road, why can't we have cat's eyes on it and, if not in the middle, then at least at the edges of the highway.

They do have those solar lights on the edge.

You jest?

No she doesn't Jest I've seen them, when was the last time you went over the mountain after dark?

I live 30 yards from the Mountain Road - there aren't any that I can see. I shall investigate in the dark, but not near where I live as there defo aren't any there - but this will have to wait until the one way lifesaving exercise is over

to be sure, to be sure

I walked the Mountain Mile on Saturday night as part of marshalling, checking for debris (the amount of rubbish that people chuck out of their car windows is quite amazing - take it home with you!!), and can tell you that on the edges of the roads there are red cats-eye style thingies at a normal spacing apart. I'll look tonight on the way back down (hopefully earlier than Saturday night!) to see if they're reflecting like normal cat's eyes.

Archived