[BBC News] Three injured in island bar brawl

Newsbot

good to see the george has improved it's clientele since its been done up

Yes I believe one of the ladies witnessed a barman putting too few limes in her daiquiri, and called over her chauffeur who promptly punched the oik in the face.

Its the usual night out in castletown one can expect now its been refurbed.

Alcohol-fuelled fighting seems to be becoming far more of a problem on the island.

Quite seriously, I think it would stem much of this violence if we were to adopt the same law as Italy, where assaulting someone with closed fist is considered assault with a deadly weapon, as could be hitting anyone else with an object such as a glass, bottle or other object.

In Italy, slap fights are the common way to engage in disputes - this might sound funny - but no-one tends to get anywhere near the same injuries that can be caused by a clenched fist. I witnessed a 'slap fight' when I was down there a few years ago.

Knowing that hitting someone with a fist might get you six months or a year inside, other than for provable self-defence, might even make the stupidest scally stop and think about the consequences of starting a fight - and as many a person has died after being struck by a punch, might even save someones life.

Knowing that hitting someone with a fist might get you six months or a year inside, other than for provable self-defence, might even make the stupidest scally stop and think about the consequences of starting a fight

What, when they're that thick and pissed-up as well?

Don't think so............

Another week another brawl what a great way to show the island to tourists who log on to the BBC website lol

Time to change the Isle of Man logo to "Freedom to Fight" :lol:

Most fights i have seen are handbags at dawn.

The courts need to set up a boxing ring and let them crack on. :)

Alcohol-fuelled fighting seems to be becoming far more of a problem on the island.

Quite seriously, I think it would stem much of this violence if we were to adopt the same law as Italy, where assaulting someone with closed fist is considered assault with a deadly weapon, as could be hitting anyone else with an object such as a glass, bottle or other object.

In Italy, slap fights are the common way to engage in disputes - this might sound funny - but no-one tends to get anywhere near the same injuries that can be caused by a clenched fist. I witnessed a 'slap fight' when I was down there a few years ago.

Knowing that hitting someone with a fist might get you six months or a year inside, other than for provable self-defence, might even make the stupidest scally stop and think about the consequences of starting a fight - and as many a person has died after being struck by a punch, might even save someones life.

CORRECTION: the shithouse Italians stab you from behind !

Another week another brawl what a great way to show the island to tourists who log on to the BBC website lol

In fairness, I wouldn't mind guessing that 100 such incidents occurred in the UK on the same night.

It's just that they don't have the small community mentality that means these items become 'newsworthy'.

The local papers thrive on such 'stories'. Mainly because they're lazy and it's easy print.

Archived