Color Ringtones From China

Amadeus

Color Ringtone the new trend in China

Now when you dial a cellphone, instead of the ordinary "du¡­du..." sound, you might hear interesting songs, personalized monologues or even jokes and crosstalk.

This is a new service, provided by the China Mobile, called "Color Ringtone", or Cai Ling in Chinese.

It might be more correct to call the "Color Ringtone" answering tone. It's the sound you hear down the phone when you ring someone.

The 'color ringtones' were first popular in East Asian countries like Japan and Korea, now school kids and young white collar workers in China's major cities have caught up with the trend.

Now to own a personalized "Color Ringtone" is a fashion statement. And to hear an interesting one is great fun. "It's very funny. When I call others, I can hear funny ringtones and the same is true when others call me."

"I think some pieces are really entertaining just like a crosstalk or an opusculum."

With the increasing popularity of the "Color Ringtone" among young people, Color Ringtone composing has become a new profession with a very promising future.

The more times a "Color Ringtone" is downloaded, the more profits the composer can get from China Mobile.

Only a matter of time until it gets here...

My Missus in Thailand's phone plays James Blunt's "Beautiful" when I calll her. I've tried to talk her out of it to no avail :( ...

...GOMH*...

There are downsides to every new development, aren't there?

My Missus in Thailand's phone plays James Blunt's "Beautiful" when I calll her. I've tried to talk her out of it to no avail :( ...

...GOMH*...

Yeah my friend in Thailand has one of these ringtones, I got confused and hung up the first time I heard it!

Archived