Wanted : Garden Gates

buggane

Hi, can anybody recommend somebody who sells or makes decent garden gates, was recommended to try somebody who lives just off the Creg Ny Ba, but drove up there yesterday and couldn't find him :-(, looking for something nice so not wanting to go to B&Q, ideally something locally made, any help would be really appreciated, many thanks :)

you could try Metalco in Port st Mary

Much appreciated Jim, but I should have mentioned that I'm looking for wooden gates

Wasn't there a company on the TT circuit near Ballaugh somewhere - there's a small chapel on the corner on the left

That sounds promising as my dad might have got it wrong as he did say it was by the chapel on Cronk Y Voddy, maybe he meant Ballaugh, if anybody knows who the person is that would be really appreciated, apparently he makes gates to order and they are very good

Eclipse on the Snugboro industrial estate.

They're the turn on the slight left curve as you leave Douglas. This track doubles back towards Douglas.

(As you're driving from Douglas, it's the turn on the Douglas side before B&B, Osborns etc. in the poshest part).

They made two differrent sized custom fit yard / shed gates for about £150 if I recall correctly - this was about least four years ago.

The only thing to be careful of is working out what spaces you need to leave for hinges etc. I'm sure if they're still doing the customs, if you've got an accurate measurement on the openings that they should do a job for you.

Eclipse on the Snugboro industrial estate.

They're the turn on the slight left curve as you leave Douglas. This track doubles back towards Douglas.

(As you're driving from Douglas, it's the turn on the Douglas side before B&B, Osborns etc. in the poshest part).

They made two differrent sized custom fit yard / shed gates for about £150 if I recall correctly - this was about least four years ago.

The only thing to be careful of is working out what spaces you need to leave for hinges etc. I'm sure if they're still doing the customs, if you've got an accurate measurement on the openings that they should do a job for you.

Many thanks Ian, I'll follow up on that one, cheers

Wasn't there a company on the TT circuit near Ballaugh somewhere - there's a small chapel on the corner on the left.

I you sure you are not thinking of the place at the top of Barregarrow on the left. That is opposite an old Chapel.

It belongs to Ray Richardson. I believe he does metal working only.

Wasn't there a company on the TT circuit near Ballaugh somewhere - there's a small chapel on the corner on the left.

I you sure you are not thinking of the place at the top of Barregarrow on the left. That is opposite an old Chapel.

It belongs to Ray Richardson. I believe he does metal working only.

Aye, that is the one, likewise did'nt realise he only does metalwork, so thats out. Paid a visit to Eclypse on Saturday, they were really good as per the comments above.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, much appreciated

Archived