Tt Waffle

The Old Git

A largely positive promotional article appears in a national paper and you whinge about a bit of dramatic licence?

The last couple of paras may be positive but the rest seemed to focus on graveyards, injury, death and these imaginary 600' high cliffs at the side of the course

I'd like to see a positive article for a change, not another one that often mentions the danger, deaths and injuries.

I believe you need to go to the library for fiction, not the newstand.

What do you see in it?

A light hearted account of a journalists first experience at riding pillion around a road race course at high speed. It's not my type of humour but it's dripping in turns of phrase and dramatic licence. Maybe you should go read a biking magazine if you want a 'TT IS AWESOME' promotional piece.

Maybe you should go read a biking magazine if you want a 'TT IS AWESOME' promotional piece.

You see it as "A largely positive promotional article"

I'd prefer something a little more factual, rather than a load of twaddle. If you didn't already know something about the TT what impression would that article leave you with?

I see it as an excellent article, obviously lighthearted and the reporter is having a ball. The overall tone is original and at the end she wants to go back for more - job done, nice one Milky.

I'd prefer something a little more factual, rather than a load of twaddle.

Then why are you reading the Daily Mail and expecting anything else?

1 : 0 Ans

It's yet another factually incorrect article that will be used by morons against us

Undoubtedly factually incorrect - but it's a lot of fun and there's a lot of positive stuff in it, too.

"To celebrate the TT's centenary, there will be circuses and pop concerts, and a recreation of the first ever race on 1907 motorcycles.

The crowds will cheer on daredevil champions such as England's John McGuinness, who created a new lap record last year, averaging a speed of 129.45 mph (something impossible on other race tracks, as their compact design prevents such acceleration). In our cotton-wool world, this is the nearest we get to Roman chariot races or gladiator fights."

Scary and dangerous? Yes, I think those boxes can safely be ticked - and the better than sex. comment at the end provides a bit of balance.

All in all, about as accurate as you'd expect from The Rail - but slightly more balanced than their average.

1 : 0 Ans

Own goal maybe, seeing as it's the paper he reads?

See, I don't get the Daily Mail hate. That's the paper I read every day. Is there some underlying subtext I don't see?

Archived