Tt Waffle

The Old Git

Im not sure why everyone get their knickers in a twist over these types of things....99% of people who come to the TT come because they love the TT...not because they happened across an "article" on it in a newspapers...conversely those who hate it will continue to hate it regardless of coming across the "article" in one of the newspapers.

(p.s. statistics quoted are made up for the purpose of this reply and should not be taken of the representative views of those actually enjoying the TT - thanks :) )

Own goal maybe, seeing as it's the paper he reads?

I'm not the one complaining about it....

For what it's worth, I read the Star, the Sun and the Express every day too.

For what it's worth, I read the Star, the Sun and the Express every day too.

I tend to read the Telegraph, Times, Independent and Guardian as well, not every day, mainly at weekends when I have more time.

I'm expecting the usual Express hatchet job against the TT soon, they must have it marked in their diary for late May to trot out the same tired old journalist to regurgitate his anti TT rant

A light hearted account of a journalists first experience at riding pillion around a road race course at high speed. It's not my type of humour but it's dripping in turns of phrase and dramatic licence. Maybe you should go read a biking magazine if you want a 'TT IS AWESOME' promotional piece.

?

Having read the article I have only one question. Did you hear her cum Milky?? She struck me as a right screamer.

I would particularly like to know how they got round Balla 'scarey' at 120mph on open roads.

ANSWER:-

Girl: (eg a woman reporter from a national newspaper who looks particularly good in leathers who gets on the back of your bike and holds on in excitement thoroughly enjoying herself) "that was great, that was great - how fast were you doing round that corner with the traffic lights?"

Rider: "100mph easy, probably er, 120mph"

Girl: "Woweee, that was well ace, wow, how fast were we doing up the mountain bit"

Rider: "er...160mph, easy. You do realise that you now hold the record for fastest pillion rider on the TT course. In the world. Ever"

etc. ad nauseum until the leathers come off.

Me. Been there done that loads of times.

I guess you only see what you want to see then.

I'd like to see a positive article for a change, not another one that often mentions the danger, deaths and injuries.

You mean without the usual things the TT is famous for? I thought journalists reported the facts. How do you present 300 deaths in 100 years with a positive spin you supremo?

"He revs up and we head towards a village on the north-east shore. Before us is a series of evil-looking bends. Suddenly, Milky drops his elbow and opens the throttle. I am nearly thrown over the front of the bike."

Not only has this woman no sense of direction, she is also defying the laws of physics by being thrown forwards during acceleration.

Pretty much sums up this piece of bullshit

I see it as an excellent article, obviously lighthearted and the reporter is having a ball. The overall tone is original and at the end she wants to go back for more - job done, nice one Milky.

She was so excited she started lactating?

This is great publicity for the TT. If I was a motorcyclist who liked a bit of speed then I'd be on the next ferry over.

Those who aren't interested in motorcycling won't be bothered by it so I don't see what the problem is

All publicity is good publicity

Apart from a few very small inaccuracies I think this article shows the TT for what it is and those who are upset by it don't see the TT for what it really is.

Unless of course they're frightened that it's going to be taken away from them

Archived