Brian Wilson Coming To The Villa

mojomonkey

According to iomonline.co.im Brian Wilson is going to play at the Villa clicky. I quite fancied going to see him until I saw the price of the tickets, a truly staggering £52.50!!!! My tickets to Glastonbury was £145 and seems like an absolute bargain in comparison.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to iomonline.co.im Brian Wilson is going to play at the Villa clicky. I quite fancied going to see him until I saw the price of the tickets, a truly staggering £52.50!!!! My tickets to Glastonbury was £145 and seems like an absolute bargain in comparison.

£52.50 & capacity is 1300.

He's also playing the Royal Festival Hall for £55/£45/£35 with a capacity of about 2800

Glastonbury is £145 with a capacity of 140,000?

So if you consider the economies of scale the prices are okay.

I'd pay it in a heartbeat. Not only is it Brian Wilson, it's Brian Wilson in a small venue! It'll be a great gig.

I'm going to see Genesis and the Rolling Stones over the summer and I saw Roger Waters from Pink Floyd here recently. And of course I'm coming to see The Who Live at Peel (I never thought I'd be saying that). Seems that life as an oldie is not all dribbling and Countdown... at least for some!

Fantastic.. Watched him playing live on TV last year and he is f****ng brilliant.

Awful...watched him play live on TV last year and thought he was f****ng brain dead and barely able to go through the motions. Sorry Beach fans, this guy makes Ozzie Osborne look under-medicated.

I'd pay it in a heartbeat. Not only is it Brian Wilson, it's Brian Wilson in a small venue! It'll be a great gig.

I'm going to see Genesis and the Rolling Stones over the summer and I saw Roger Waters from Pink Floyd here recently. And of course I'm coming to see The Who Live at Peel (I never thought I'd be saying that). Seems that life as an oldie is not all dribbling and Countdown... at least for some!

But senility is. There really was no need to compare Brian Wilson with those wankers.

But senility is. There really was no need to compare Brian Wilson with those wankers.

Wash your mouth out. I'm not a huge Genesis fan, but the others are legends.

Who? oh The Beach Boys, right.......1970 something is it? Sting, Paul Wella, Morrissey, they were all great once, but that was a long time ago. There are some bands who can carry the ageless timeless thing quite well, the ones from System 7 - been around since the 70's and still making great noises. Each to their own though, I'm not a huge Beach Boys fan but it sounds like there are a few about that will really enjoy this show. :D

Who? oh The Beach Boys, right.......1970 something is it? Sting, Paul Wella, Morrissey, they were all great once, but that was a long time ago. There are some bands who can carry the ageless timeless thing quite well, the ones from System 7 - been around since the 70's and still making great noises. Each to their own though, I'm not a huge Beach Boys fan but it sounds like there are a few about that will really enjoy this show. :D

Try late '60's in the case of Steve Hillage....and he does still make great noises. Saw System 7 in Amsterdam last November and they blew me away. But then he also played a 'Steve Hillage band' set and also played with Gong the same weekend (and they still make great music but that's obviously a matter of opinion!!). :)

Archived