Corncrakes Stop Development On Knock Rushen Heritage Site?

Fossils

A little bird tells me that ground clearance work has been stopped as a corncrake was spotted. Has anyone any more news on this?

.............and, yes, they are more speckled than spotted.

Perhaps Mr or Mrs Corncrake should stand for LegCo.

From MR..."DAFF wants to monitor Corncrakes: It seems a bird which has earned itself a degree of infamy in the Isle of Man in recent times has made its way to our shores."

corncrakexMay084851.jpg "Infamy infamy - they've all got it infamy."

Hmmm Corncrakes...delicious with fresh mlik.

Bed & Breakfast with Corncrakes? They have a guest house for them in Yorkshire. Could I register our house as a Homestay for Corncrakes?

ccklogot.gif

The Corncrake Guest House at Cracoe

The Corncrake is ideally placed for those planning a walking, cycling or touring holiday in the Dales. Cracoe is about 6 miles from Skipton and close to the Dales villages of Grassington, Rylstone and Hetton. There are excellent walks all around us, and a quarter of a mile to the rear is about 25 square miles of Open Access walking land.

Bed & Breakfast with Corncrakes? They have a guest house for them in Yorkshire. Could I register our house as a Homestay for Corncrakes?

Sure, but how you're gonna get the buggers to pay?

I think I'm gonna start a Corncrake farm and once I have a few, I rent them out to people objecting to building work of some sort or another - should be profitable..

I think I'm gonna start a Corncrake farm and once I have a few, I rent them out to people objecting to building work of some sort or another - should be profitable..

If you do that I will protest against your development of a corncrake farm on the grounds that there are corncrakes there :blink:

If you do that I will protest against your development of a corncrake farm on the grounds that there are corncrakes there :blink:

Ah, Bollocks - I nearly had my business plan finished...

Archived