[BBC News] Sacked clerk's expenses revealed

Newsbot

I see that the BBC reports also points out that fifteen local authority clerks claimed no expenses............

Some people don't claim expenses because they feel their salary should cover matters such as the occasional mileage here and there or it simply isn't worth the paper work for a few hundred quid a year. But £33,000!! Wow, you don't turn your nose up at that do you.

Some people don't claim expenses because they feel their salary should cover matters such as the occasional mileage here and there or it simply isn't worth the paper work for a few hundred quid a year. But £33,000!! Wow, you don't turn your nose up at that do you.

You don't turn your nose up at £33,000 as long as it is legitimate and doesn't come back to bite you on the arse. Remember, this is the clerk who got sacked for "gross misconduct". I wonder whether or not his expenses have got anything to do with it?

Wasn't there some publicity about his pension during the previous argy bargy? Perhaps that is where the majority of the 'expenses' have been spent and mis-described as expenses. Either way, someone has approved the 'expenses' so you would assume they were rightfully claimed and paid.

I love the Manx style news reporting; just stating bald facts without any analysis, leaving us all to start weaving tales of deceit and underhand doings.

that's an awful lot of mileage !! :lol:

Approximately 55,000 @ 60p per mile. Or approximately 1,500 return trips to Ramsey. :o

Maybe Braddan has its own Chopper. You could spend a few quid dropping fuel into one of those for a quick trip into Douglas. Its hard to see how you could run that sort of bill up otherwise.

Archived