Wanted Scalextric

delly

i was woundering if any off you people have any old scalextric cars and bit for sale, can you please give me a shout

thank you

EDIT: Remember to put what you want or sell in the title, otherwise people won't be able to pick it up as well.

Yup, I've got loads of the stuff (all clasic track, none of this sport track nonsense), 40+ cars too plus spares, buildings and all the other bits and pieces. Not sure if I want to sell though. Will have a look through it all toomorrow and see if there's anything I want to part with.

ebay is a good place to start if you're looking to add to your collection but be prepared to pay a fair bit for the older stuff, especially some of the track pieces / cars.

Failing that, get yourself to car boot sales and read the classifieds in the paper, you'll probably pick up some bargains and if you get duplicate items, you can make yourself some money on ebay.

Yup, I've got loads of the stuff (all clasic track, none of this sport track nonsense), 40+ cars too plus spares, buildings and all the other bits and pieces. Not sure if I want to sell though. Will have a look through it all toomorrow and see if there's anything I want to part with.

Awwwww boys and their toys, eh? :rolleyes:

Some sites you might like to look at (not all are sellers, some are purely people who have made tracks and wanted to share them with others). The last link is (IMO) pretty special, with video clips that are very impressive:-

GetSlotted!

scalemodels

nscc - a great resource

westwoodmodels

slotcity

ebay listings

trevsslotcars!

Useful resource for handbuilt trackside accessories

French site, well worth a look!

Right, that lot should keep you quiet for quite some time!

Awwwww boys and their toys, eh? :rolleyes:

It's purely a boy/man thing Minnie (one of the few we have left IMHO).

If I had the time (and the money) I'm sure I could get quite addicted to it. Alas, most of my gear spends the majority of its life in the loft, only coming out once a year or so.

Ooooo, there's an idea, convert the loft........ NO, you have other priorities in life MISSION!

Ooooo, there's an idea, convert the loft........ NO, you have other priorities in life MISSION!

My cousin converted his loft a few years back for that very reason. The whole floor space was taken up with Scalextric track, and although it's not something I'm interested in (I'm more a Barbie/Sindy girlie :P ) I must admit it was pretty impressive.

I have enough floorspace up there, it just lacks the height. Anyway, as I said before, I do have some rather more important things to sort out in the house first. Maybe when I've made a bob or two and retired (and bought a bigger house) I can indulge in this hobby more.

Mind you, if I had enough spare cash, I'd rather invest in a real racing car and take it to track days / classic grand prix races (I can always dream I guess).

Archived