50,000 People, 20,000 Bikes And 10,000 Cars/vans

manxman8180

Sorry for 'yet another' TT thread but I feel there may be a bit of mileage to come in this one. Although I genuinely hope not.

A question:

What has.......

• recently celebrated it's 175th birthday?

• had nearly a feckin century to practice?

• been taking peoples money for two years?

• and....Not got enough boats for TT?

Answers on a postcard.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[rumor] people who have booked sailings have been sent a letter saying they may not be guaranteed a sailing due to the lack of boats [rumor/]

Funny you should mention that, I've been told the exact same thing from one of out Home Stay people in England....

So not only does it appear that we cannot accommodate 50,000 visitors, it looks like we can't get 50,000 over here! (Anyone hear the confidence instilling interview with Mr Earnshaw on MR earlier this week?)

Aye, tis shaping up to be a rip roaring TT this year.

..and did I hear the SS2 coming past Langness at reduced power due to 'technical problems' the other day?

(source - My eyes, ears and Ch12 VHF)

Is the 'new gear box' going to throw a cog the Friday before TT? or is the brown paper and wet string they used to fix t'other one going last out?

Is Tesco going to get its extra space on the boat(s) - the space it has been shouting for for the past year?

Will there ever be money in the cash machines in town? ..

should shop keepers only give Manx money as change - and bank all the UK money coming over?

Will they open the closed lane outside the Villa Arcade to ease the traffic?

Will the sun come out?

Will I get to see some tits on the prom this year?

A rather huge birdie informs me that the sweedish ferry dos not have UK board of trade certification therefore can not trade in British waters!

App this fact was only discovered by certain ferry company recently. Likely hood of finding another boat????????

Watch out for the bun fight in LPL and Heysham docks! Not forgetting our Irish and Scottish and German friends!

Seems to be nothing the local news providers web sites about this, is it not news worthy?

no mention on the steam packet site either, are they just going to try and keep it quiet?

or is it just rumor with no basis in fact?

ah well dont worry manx 2 are running 400 extra services over two weeks.

Archived