[BBC News] Jail for man who breached order

Newsbot

Excellent!

I'm too tired to go to work every day too, but I'm buggered if I can think of a viable option.

Maybe he decided jail was easier than feeling knackered all the time. If it wasn't for this indelible mental image I have of Mr Big asking me to pick the soap up in the shower, I'd probably quite enjoy a couple of weeks in solitary...

If it wasn't for this indelible mental image I have of Mr Big asking me to pick the soap up in the shower, I'd probably quite enjoy a couple of weeks in solitary...

Of course, if you were sharing with Mr Big (who, with a name like that probably isn't), then you probably wouldn't be in solitary after all. Unless your implication is that you would sorely miss Mr Big and your shared personal hygiene routine, were you given a fortnight solitary for bad behaviour. (eg)

Oh ... I'm just too tired to reach for the soap!

If it wasn't for this indelible mental image I have of Mr Big asking me to pick the soap up in the shower, I'd probably quite enjoy a couple of weeks in solitary...

Of course, if you were sharing with Mr Big (who, with a name like that probably isn't), then you probably wouldn't be in solitary after all. Unless your implication is that you would sorely miss Mr Big and your shared personal hygiene routine, were you given a fortnight solitary for bad behaviour. (eg)

but surely were any other non-custodial actions considered, bearing in mind the intended use of Community Service by the courts is as an alternative to custody in the first instance. and as for sending someone to prison for 90 days just before TT week when the space might be needed for some serious criminals.

paging a lawyer to the board to explain the procedure.

But it wouldn't be much of a deterrent if could pick and choose your sentence until you found one that suited. If people don't turn up for community service it is making a mockery of the sentence, unless the penalty for not complying is a step up the punishment scale.

Thought the poster in Port Erin garage was a bit OTT - "Police Attacker Jailed". But I suppose that is more dramatic than "Community Servicer Non-complier Incarcerated" or "Arrest Resister Banged Up".

but why was say a curfew order not put in place? there are other non custodial sentances that should have been invoked before the expense to taxpayers of custody. I'm surprised that its not reported whether or not the prosecution lawyer acting put some suggestions to the Court, maybe he didn't.

but why was say a curfew order not put in place?

Brilliant! The police - having very little to do over the next few weeks - would have been able to make sure he was keeping to the terms of it. And if he broke the terms, they would arrest him - after all, he wouldn't resist, would he?

but why was say a curfew order not put in place?

Brilliant! So after a few early nights he'll feel refreshed enough to complete his community service!

I don't see why the police should be wasting further time on scrots like that. If you refuse to do as your sentence dictates, your sentence worsens. There is nothing wrong with that in my book.

But then again, I've never been in trouble with the police and so don't really have anything to worry about in regards to sentencing of criminals.

Archived