Manx Radio Tt

manxmedia

Just checked to see if Radio TT was available "for free" via a live webstream but don't see any access anywhere. Have you to subscribe and pay your 8 quid up front before you get ANY Radio TT audio?

Also, is it just the commentries or is it the full AM station output that's being streamed (and charged for?).

That's a good point Ans. I'd be pretty pissed off if i paid to advertise and then realised my audience was only subscribers willing to pay £8.

It does look like a good service for the TT heads though. Personally I couldn't be arsed, listening to the race reports on a crappy transistor radio is a virtual institution in our house.

The service is only for online streaming - local people who would, presumably, be the ones that the advertisers are aiming at, are still able to listen on a normal radio. In effect, us as taxpayers and the advertisers have been subsidising the online streaming of Radio TT since it was started, so why should we pay for that if listeners in other countries can be induced to pay for the content?

another example of ripping off TT fans then.

we fund manx radio anyway, if they cant afford to stream it, let energy fm do it. i seem to remember a row a few years ago when they (or 3fm???) wanted to do the races and manx radio kicked off.

its sounds like its out of control for charging for things this year.

Archived