On The Beach

Lonan3

Douglas - Summerhill. Douglas - Central. Douglas - Broadway. Garwick.

Laxey. Ramsey. Peel. Port Erin. Castletown. Gansey Bay. Kirk Michael.

All of the above achieved a 'basic pass.'

Port Soderick & Jurby have 'EC Guideline' status

Port St Mary & Castletown are 'recommended.'

Further information Good Beach Guide 2007 (pdf)

(Wot??? No failures?)

Well done Iris! Either the standards have been lowered or our beaches are being saved from being poop holes by the Iris thing. I wonder who came up with the great idea of plastic tampon applicators, you still see the darn things washed up on beaches now - horrid.

Is this only related to the sea water rather inclding the beach as well as while it is good to have the level cleanleness of the sea water improve it is not much use on its own especially if the beach is full of rubbish etc

(Wot??? No failures?)

Peel passed? I have no idea how? It's a fooking shit-hole. I'm sick of finding the remains of tampons and towels in my surf kayak and if you you look closely at the water you can see little bits of bog-roll. The worst finds though are the floating rubber rings,about 2 inches wide,I wasn't sure what they were at first....... :o

Peel passed? I have no idea how? It's a fooking shit-hole. I'm sick of finding the remains of tampons and towels in my surf kayak and if you you look closely at the water you can see little bits of bog-roll. The worst finds though are the floating rubber rings,about 2 inches wide,I wasn't sure what they were at first....... :o

Lifeboats for polos?

Lifeboats for polos?

.....yes I suppose they do fall into the 'safety device' category. :unsure:

There has been a white nasty scum around the coastline of Port Soderick for the last week, seems to be moving up from the south of the Island, anyone know what this is? And no, I don't think it is the french.

There has been a white nasty scum around the coastline of Port Soderick for the last week, seems to be moving up from the south of the Island, anyone know what this is? And no, I don't think it is the french.

BNP members annual Mosley Memorial Swim

(Wot??? No failures?)

(I will actually have to post some serious news here)

These results are a fiddle.

For example, IRIS hasn't taken on board Garwick yet.

If you look at the Government Laboratory results for Bathing Water Sampling, used by the Marine Conservation Society, you will see that Garwick mysteriously passed last year Bathing Water Test Results despite raw sewage flowing onto the beach there.

Why did Garwick pass?

The new chap who does the sampling apparently can't be arsed walking over the rocks to take the sample in the correct designated place.

Archived