Blimey

TerryMcCann

Still nothing for the north of the Island, I did see another new second hand shop has opend up at the bottom of bowring road in Ramsey "good luck to them"

Ps is Ramsey going for a record of having the most second hand shops for a town in the world

I did hear Tesco are trying to build. But it would seem the second hand people dont want new items in this town

I think Ramsey has become an extension of jurby airfield :o

Can't open iomonline, Terry, but will this new facility have a decent fast food eatery? What we need here is an American diner-style eatery for families then you can make it a proper trip out. Coasters comes close, but I am thinking of a chain of 1950's styled family restaurants in England (not Ben and Jerry's but a similar name). All themed with pictures of Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe etc, and with a really good menu. Not just pasta, burgers and pizza, but really a good range of salads, chicken and fish.

Hope they get this place up and running. there's more and more leisure facilities shutting so this will be most welcome (especially down south!!) :ph34r:

In fact - why don't they develop the whole of Ronaldsway "Industrial" Estate into leisure facilities as there's no "industry" down there now, 'cept the IOM post sorting office.

Can't open iomonline...

Bowling alley gets go ahead

A FAMILY leisure centre including a bowling alley has been given the go ahead.

The government planning committee has approved Castletown firm Hertford Ltd's application (07/00032) to create the centre at a warehouse on the Ronaldsway Industrial Estate, Ballasalla.

The application was submitted following talks with the management of the former Manx Superbowl, which closed in December along with the Castle Mona Hotel, Douglas.

Under the plans the centre will house children's and young people's activity areas and a restaurant. A further plan, including the full range of leisure activities, must be submitted if the internal layout is to change from what has been approved.

Access plans and parking must be approved before the centre opens.

Can't open iomonline, Terry, but will this new facility have a decent fast food eatery? What we need here is an American diner-style eatery for families then you can make it a proper trip out. Coasters comes close, but I am thinking of a chain of 1950's styled family restaurants in England (not Ben and Jerry's but a similar name). All themed with pictures of Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe etc, and with a really good menu. Not just pasta, burgers and pizza, but really a good range of salads, chicken and fish.

Jack Rabbit Slim's?

Thanks Addie, let's hope the restaurant will be of good quality.

And thanks also Sarah, creeping alzheimers, I'm afraid! I think it was something like Benny and Someone's (hence the ice cream confusion).

Anyway will google Purley Way to find the retail estate it was on.

Frankie and Bennie's I think.

I spent practically every night for 3 months in a Franky and Benny's. Food was really good, beer was really good, but they only seemed to have 5 CDs.

The only real downer was that everytime they sung 'happy birthday' to someone there celebrating (usually at least 4 times a night) the lights go out, the birthday cake and candles arrive, and Cliff Richard's 'congratulations and celebrations' comes on. As a result I am now a fully paid up member of the 'Get Cliff Richard gang'.

Archived