Runaway Bus

zippy

A bus seems to have rolled across Athol Place in Peel and straight into/through the front of Black Grace Cowley estate agents

There are police, firemen etc. the roads are blocked whilst they clear it. (the bus is causing much of the blockage)

Don't think anyone was hurt - not sure so I suppose I shouldn't go on.

I'd avoid Athol place in Peel for a while.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unless the hole in the Christian St/Peveril Rd has been filled in since thursday (when I left Peel) I suspect the bus was leaving the bus garage and would be empty

The Christian Street/ Peveril Road hole is no more - the Road is open up past the chippy and the garage - all road works have been removed

a bystander said the bus was totally empty

It's still there - half of peel is blocked off to traffic, overheard someone saying the shop is not going to last.

Some rumours that I'd better not repeat on here are circulating very funny/scary

I was enjoying my saturday afternoon when i heard the ungodly crash --- looked out the window and didn't see anything. Then about 20 minutes later heard a bunch of people milling around outside --- decided to open the window and stick my head out and saw it! Here are a couple of shots, one from my window and one from going down there before they put the tape up.

The bus is still there as I'm typing this

post-80-1179605672_thumb.jpg

post-80-1179605690_thumb.jpg

Archived