Runaway Bus

zippy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that two p*ssed Man U 'fans' decided to take it after causing trouble in the local pubs.

Seems they are no better at choosing the right transport than they are at choosing the right club to support....... ;);)

(Runs off and hides..)

Not much luck for the estate agent recently, maybe they should think about moving!

Stav.

Should sell well, it's close to public transport links. :rolleyes:

Selling point

It has a bus stopped on its doorstep

Yes I know Newsbot is an internet robot and all that, but considering all, isn't justifying putting the BBC news on this forum a bit like the other person on the end of a phone blaming 'the computer' when something goes wrong. At the end of the almighty day it is a journalist, that put this stuff up. Probably after reading the manxforums or probably more likely listening to Manx Radio News.

If we are going to have robots chucking up (old) news how about Manx Radio news too. And IoMtoday. And Energy FM. (I notice that the login name Energy use for browsing was on here before).

I know or know of the above local news teams and feel I can trust them. I don't know the BBC people yet, and feel they are simply regurgitating second hand knews (as has been shown many times on the manxforums). Why give them any more robotic preference over our longer standing media news teams?

If you want some constructive criticism, how about a section for robot news using all the various media. I would read it and I am sure there would be others would pick up on some items and link them in the Local News (non-robot) section if the item was of any interest and not yawn-inducing or tedious or scant.

The above post by The Robot sooo illustrates my point.

Yes I know Newsbot is an internet robot and all that, but considering all, isn't justifying putting the BBC news on this forum a bit like the other person on the end of a phone blaming 'the computer' when something goes wrong. At the end of the almighty day it is a journalist, that put this stuff up. Probably after reading the manxforums or probably more likely listening to Manx Radio knews.

If we are going to have robots chucking up (old) news how about Manx Radio news too. And IoMtoday. And Energy FM. (I notice that the login name Energy use for browsing was on here before).

I know or know of the above local news teams and feel I can trust them. I don't know the BBC people yet, and feel they are simply regurgitating second hand knews (as has been shown many times on the manxforums). Why give them any more robotic preference over our longer standing media news teams?

If you want some constructive criticism, how about a section for robot news using all the various media. I would read it and I am sure there would be others would pick up on some ityems and link them in the Local News (non-robot) section if the item was of any interest and not yawn-inducing or tedious or scant.

The above post by The Robot sooo illustrates my point.

Its a sunny day. You should get out more. Just let that anger out slowly !!!!!!!! You'll feel much better after a stiff drink and a big lie down.

I think you're wrong. I like Newsbot, and in general the stories that it throws up promote discussion, when they don't they soon disappear. Maybe there are better newsfeeds, although Manx Radio, IOM Today, Energy etc's websites are inferior to the BBC's so I doubt it.

We've debate this lots in the past - there was a trial period, a vote, and several subsequent threads. You don't like it, fair enough, but you've made your point now.

Maybe there are better newsfeeds, although Manx Radio, IOM Today, Energy etc's websites are inferior to the BBC's so I doubt it.

The website's may be inferior but it's the news that is the talking point here, The BBC local news for the Isle of Man misses some good topical news stories and is rather late with others.

Its a sunny day. You should get out more. Just let that anger out slowly !!!!!!!! You'll feel much better after a stiff drink and a big lie down.

Oh I been out in the sun all day - I been doing the garden and popping in for a 'rest' every now and then. I have no doubt I will feel better after a stiff drink and a lie down but only once the sun is over the yardarm and all that. Maybe I'll return in a cider/vodka/red wine induced angry rage later. Or maybe I'll just be happy and fuzzy and end up wanting to have [bBC]Newsbot's children.

We could raise them up to be clones spreading and spamming our drivel throughout the internet for eternity.

Declan, I don't recall there ever being a vote on the robot spammer, but I do of course appreciate all decisions made by those who run here. I rather not be banned just yet.

Edited to reply to Deejay Denzel's post.

The BBC News, by its very nature of being BBC, does tend to be a little sterile too, whereas our traditional original local news platforms can afford to be more cutting edge. Still, anything that makes Manx Radio, 3FM, Energy and even IoMToday look good has to have its bonuses.

Maybe there are better newsfeeds, although Manx Radio, IOM Today, Energy etc's websites are inferior to the BBC's so I doubt it.

The website's may be inferior but it's the news that is the talking point here, The BBC local news for the Isle of Man misses some good topical news stories and is rather late with others.

But we are talking about something that generates a link to a webpage, so it is important. BBC's local news coverage by the medium is superior anyway. They are concise and to the point, which is what is required. If anything vital is missed someone posts it up anyway.

I heard that two p*ssed Man U 'fans' decided to take it after causing trouble in the local pubs.

Seems they are no better at choosing the right transport than they are at choosing the right club to support....... ;);)

(Runs off and hides..)

one was a man u fan, one was an everton fan. the man u fan lost the plot after the chelsea game, went onto the bus and let the hanbrake off. everton fan then jumped on to STOP the bus causing any damage. as the keys were not on the bus, the brakes and steering would therefore not have been working, so the everton fan that tried to stop any damage being caused will probably now get done for aiding and abetting.

well no surely if that is the truth then he shall not be tried or convicted of anything as otherwise you'd have a situation where you'd be telling people to watch disasters rather attempt to do the right thing

however.... the guy could just be lying to try and get away with it

Archived