Runaway Bus

zippy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one was a man u fan, one was an everton fan. the man u fan lost the plot after the chelsea game, went onto the bus and let the hanbrake off. everton fan then jumped on to STOP the bus causing any damage. as the keys were not on the bus, the brakes and steering would therefore not have been working, so the everton fan that tried to stop any damage being caused will probably now get done for aiding and abetting.

Well if thats really the case, Why didn't he put the handbrake back on?

one was a man u fan, one was an everton fan. the man u fan lost the plot after the chelsea game, went onto the bus and let the hanbrake off. everton fan then jumped on to STOP the bus causing any damage. as the keys were not on the bus, the brakes and steering would therefore not have been working, so the everton fan that tried to stop any damage being caused will probably now get done for aiding and abetting.

Well if thats really the case, Why didn't he put the handbrake back on?

Because he was an Everton fan?

If the bus was not running then it would not move.. you need to build the air up and to do that th engine needs to be running.

so your are trying to tell me that a bus was left unattended with the engine running? i don't think so.

or that the keys were left in the bus? again, i really don't think so.

Nitro, he did put the handbrake on but by that time the bus was doing around 30mph so it wasn't really doing anything.

Rhumsaa, the everton fan was caught in douglas later on in the day after the incident, not the man u fan. The everton was bailed on police bail on TWOK. The man u fan was not arrested by the police but went up the police station on Monday and admitted what he had done.

It would be a big shame if the everton fan also gets charged, as he was trying to prevent an incident. what would YOU do? stand by and watch or try and jump on the bus to stop it?

Thriller is right, That without the engine running the brakes won't work because the pressure has to build up and normally when started up the bus wouldn't move till enough pressure has built up in the brakes.

Thriller is right, That without the engine running the brakes won't work because the pressure has to build up and normally when started up the bus wouldn't move till enough pressure has built up in the brakes.

You need to build the air up to 8 which takes 5/10 mins, if there is no air then it wont move and it wont steer. I know cus I drive one once a week.

Right lets get this correct , A bus parked up and then switched off will still have full airtanks , (and will stay full for a day or so as long as there are no leaks) With full air tanks the handbrake will release and the footbrake will work perfectly without the engine running untill the air pressure drops.

When the air pressure drops to a certain point the spring brakes come on and the bus will not move.

The steering will also work without the engine running but you will have no power assistance.

Just thought i'd clarify this , if you want any further info on the workings of busses wagons etc please ask :)

Archived