New Improved Manx Radio Website

[BBC]bollox

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

( Off thread)

Addie, your avatar is driving my cat nuts.He's depressed because he can't catch the insect thingy, but not only that, he's humiliated by finding himself on his arse in the waste paper basket after being flung across the office,so he's gone off into the shrubbery in search of his inner kitten. :)

(Back on thread)

I know there's demand at the moment but all the main sites for info on the TT are all crashing like crazy!

ManxRadio, IOMTT and iomonline have all had re-designs within a couple of weeks of the TT!

MR is totally unreliable and they don't bother updating the news.

IOMTT crashes too often.

IOMONLINE hardly ever loads.

The streaming they are using for Radio TT online isn't working. I don't think the idea of using octoshape is working too well! I was using the old streaming link but now they've killed it! Why bother making new websites when you can't handle the demand.

Learn to walk before you can run.

I know there's demand at the moment but all the main sites for info on the TT are all crashing like crazy!

ManxRadio, IOMTT and iomonline have all had re-designs within a couple of weeks of the TT!

MR is totally unreliable and they don't bother updating the news.

IOMTT crashes too often.

IOMONLINE hardly ever loads.

The streaming they are using for Radio TT online isn't working. I don't think the idea of using octoshape is working too well! I was using the old streaming link but now they've killed it! Why bother making new websites when you can't handle the demand.

Learn to walk before you can run.

careful you don't want to say too much otherwise you will get outed as having a chip on your shoulder as an ex MR staffer having a go at one of the news editors or someone who has been there as long as it takes to professes to know whats going on up there i.e nothing - which is why they don't update the news just re-hash it and hope no-one notices.

All news on the Isle of Man is a rehash of something that has gone before.

Maybe Manx Radio could create an automated 'court report' updater:

INSERT NAME has been sent to prison for INSERT LENGTH years after being found guilty of INSERT OFFENCE.

INSERT NAME of Jurby / Pulrose / Ramsey (delete as applicable) was sentenced on INSERT DAYE.

Something like that.

;)

It's usually the same old names being sentenced too - and told 'drink is not your friend, this is your FINAL final chance'.

Given the rules about court reporting, what more do you expect from court reports? Crying victims of crime? Pikey mothers bleating about the unfairness of it all, and that he's a good boy really, and wouldn't be a bullying drunk/thieving toerag/wanton vandal if only there was an ice rink in Douglas?

All news EVERYWHERE is a rehash of what has gone before - wake up and smell the napalm.

Energy must be doing well out of it. Its site is always up and the news is updated regularly. The MR website problem has been going on for weeks. This has nothing to do with increased traffic; they updated the site and it does not seem to have worked well since.

Just tried it - brilliantly quick and it is bang up to date, as you say. The news seems much more comprehensive than Manx Radio was.

Just tried it - brilliantly quick and it is bang up to date, as you say. The news seems much more comprehensive than Manx Radio was.

And all without a £1 million quid subsidy from the Government. Remind me what we're paying for? Biggest TT week in years, and they can't keep us off-Island bods up-to-date.

Isle of Man - Freedom To Fuck Up

This website is nothing short of a joke now.

For two weeks there have been problems. It's the TT. I'm off Island. And i want to know what's going on.

Great timing for the website to fall over.

just tried the MR web-site again - still not working - no apologies on the news

it all seems to be a case of "don't mention it and no one will notice" and "lets not draw attention that its crashed 'cos we are soon going to have to be pleading for money to set up DAB"

this web-site link below "does was it says on the box"

http://www.energyfm.net/main.htm

just tried the MR web-site again - still not working - no apologies on the news

There's a news item -

Problems with manxradio.com

01/06/2007 11:55:44

Unprecedented demand for Manx Radio's website has resulted in problems over the past week or more.

Due to circumstances beyond our control it hasn't been possible to upload news items and programmes to manxradio.com.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and are doing all we can to ensure normal service resumes as soon as possible.

Archived