[BBC News] Warning to swimmers and sailors

Newsbot

But jumping off the harbour is one of the essential summer activities that is part of growing up in the isle of man! Fair enough you have to dodge boats and propellers but that adds to the fun!

I suppose kids and teenagers could always hang around parks getting drunk, smoking weed and impregnating each other instead though.... ;)

I remember way back at school trying to impress some young bird, as usual we all met down the prom after school and would jump off the wall over by the bushys tent dependant on the tide, well this one day ikle o' me with lurve harts in my eyes was dared by said strumpet "i'll give you a kiss if you jump of the swing bridge" she said fluttering her eye lashes ,well daft me said "sure not a problem" and off towards the old swingbridge with all and sundry following close behind its only when we got there she said i had to jump from the top rail so i did and to this day i still walk with a limp and walking stick on a bad day all brought on by a akward landing in the water.... So NO dont do it its stupid and hurts like hell.

unless you can dive properly :ph34r:

I remember way back at school trying to impress some young bird, as usual we all met down the prom after school and would jump off the wall over by the bushys tent dependant on the tide, well this one day ikle o' me with lurve harts in my eyes was dared by said strumpet "i'll give you a kiss if you jump of the swing bridge" she said fluttering her eye lashes ,well daft me said "sure not a problem" and off towards the old swingbridge with all and sundry following close behind its only when we got there she said i had to jump from the top rail so i did and to this day i still walk with a limp and walking stick on a bad day all brought on by a akward landing in the water.... So NO dont do it its stupid and hurts like hell.

but make sure there is enough water there first to dive into otherwise you won't even be walking.

How she gave you plenty to make up for it!!!???!!

Way back though?? The Bushy's tent's only been up about 6 - 7 years from what I recall!!! That's like yesterday!! According to your profile you were in school over 30 years back!!??!!!

Way back though?? The Bushy's tent's only been up about 6 - 7 years from what I recall!!! That's like yesterday!! According to your profile you were in school over 30 years back!!??!!!

I think the Bushy's tent has been up at TT week for at least eight or nine years, since that's when I left the Island and I still remember it.

Also, don't always trust profile information;)

but make sure there is enough water there first to dive into otherwise you won't even be walking.
there was plenty of water, i just jumped to far and landed flat on my back in the water

How she gave you plenty to make up for it!!!???!!

i was mid brain fart and couldn't spell 'jubilee' yesterday as in 'jubilee clock' so i just used the tent as a reference point,

Oh for the record i never got my kiss the lousy slapper was just teasing me. mind you the revenge was sweet , i had not seen her for many years after leaving school and our paths met in strand street one day and we started to chat she invited me to her 21 birthday which was a hell of a nite as she caught me nailing her mother upstairs which totally freaked her out :D

I think the Bushy's tent has been up at TT week for at least eight or nine years, since that's when I left the Island and I still remember it.

Also, don't always trust profile information;)

i had not checked my profile since i had filled it in and guess what the year was wrong, the bloody scroll thingy kept moving the year instead of scrolling down the page to update my info :blink: i hope i am aloud to be let off this time i promise i wont do it again and on the + side i feel 10 years younger.

Archived