Slug & Lettuce

copycat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's more of a family place now, you can bring kids in there which just makes it a bit shit.

And yes you get kicked out for wearing a rugby shirt by some greasy foreigner.

one word:

Boycott

If the Slug n Lettuce in the UK are the same as the one you now have, then they have picked the most wankiest chain of pubs for ya! Absoultely the most dry-est ass pubs you can get! Food is sexed up weatherspoons food in disguise!! Its expensive in terms of other bars - sometimes shockingly so! Infact S&L are so tacky/poncy and shit that i and many other people I know wouldnt be seen dead in one! Its just so over rated I think thats what the problem is really! Although i can see people buying into the whole thing - but then the novely will wear off when you realise that there are so many other great pubs on the Island - that you can be yourself, wear what you want and drink cheaply.

If you like going to poncey bars and paying well over the odd for drinks - and if you enjoy that kind of Ikea-esque decor and low lighting, with people braying about their latest business deals all dressed up like its christmas then you will enjoy it!! Give me a spit n sawdust pub anyday! lol!

Although i do like apertivo - its got a nice vibe to it and its quite reasonable?

but then the novely will wear off when you realise that there are so many other great pubs on the Island - that you can be yourself, wear what you want and drink cheaply.

Not these days. Most places want nearly £3 for a pint of lager, some want more.

S&L over here has indeed got the same logos as in London. Personally I prefer All Bar One to Slug and Lettuce. However, I find most London pubs quite objectionable.

Although i do like apertivo - its got a nice vibe to it and its quite reasonable?

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go to that place again...had the misfortune of getting dragged there on a night out and it was hideous. Bunch of toffee nosed twenty somethings with a penchant for garish striped open neck shirts and sunglasses on top of head. It was an abhorence from every angle!!

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go to that place again...had the misfortune of getting dragged there on a night out and it was hideous. Bunch of toffee nosed twenty somethings with a penchant for garish striped open neck shirts and sunglasses on top of head. It was an abhorence from every angle!!

Agreed

Archived