The Fat Bald Sercurity Guard At The Villa Marina

hail of bullets

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
does anybody get else get annoyed by the fat bouncer dude at the villa its really annoying instead of just telling us to just leave the villa he resorted to vile language and threats its really bugging me alot he has an attitude problem

Actually, I am one of the security people at the Villa and find it difficult to believe that any of my colleagues would use the kind of language you suggest. Contrary to what you suggest the Villa security team has a fairly good reputation amongst the general public. We are diverse in nature and many of us work in full time employment which generally involves using people skills on a daily basis. In the situation you describe I would imagine the the security person involved would have used tact and diplomacy only to be met with a torrent of abuse from the person in question. This has happened to me on more than one occasion when simply asking someone to obey the rules.

A few weeks ago we had to remove some people from the stage in the Royal Hall despite them being told on a number of occasions not to go on stage for health and safety reasons. Sadly one of the people involved refused to move and head butted one of my colleagues breaking his nose. Sad really when you consider we are employed to keep the customers safe.

So with that in mind I find it difficult to beleive that my colleague would get so wound up by a bunch of skate boarders who cant read signs and dont seem to understand the words cant and dont.

I'm sure if you skated on your parents furniture or played footie in the garden when they were chilling out they to would have something to say.

So lets all be friends!

A few weeks ago we had to remove some people from the stage in the Royal Hall despite them being told on a number of occasions not to go on stage for health and safety reasons. Sadly one of the people involved refused to move and head butted one of my colleagues breaking his nose. Sad really when you consider we are employed to keep the customers safe.

We both know that isn't what happened at all..

the alleged assault I can't speak about as I didn't see it, however, that isn't for a public forum as it's in the courts.

The stage incident I can comment on.

The chap who was involved in the assault wasn't even at the stage, he was angry at the way his young sister(who was one of 3 teenage girls invited onstage by the band) had been handled and an incident occurred afterwards.

I totally agree with Misfit here. The Villa security totally over-reacted to the presence of 3 young girls on the stage at the request of the band. Bearing in mind that earlier there were 20+ people on stage with Swound and not a security guard in site....

Now the alledged assualt on one of your colleagues was not called for and i hope he is well soon BUT if you hadn't have over-reacted in the first place it would never have happened.

• 2 months later...
does anybody get else get annoyed by the fat bouncer dude at the villa its really annoying instead of just telling us to just leave the villa he resorted to vile language and threats its really bugging me alot he has an attitude problem

Contrary to what you suggest the Villa security team has a fairly good reputation amongst the general public. We are diverse in nature and many of us work in full time employment which generally involves using people skills on a daily basis. In the situation you describe I would imagine the the security person involved would have used tact and diplomacy

What a load of bollocks, everyone knows the Villa bouncers have the worst reputation, from the way they speak to people, to the way they throw you out and then shout abuse at you. I have witness this on more than one occasion (they need lessons in people skills) you cant get that from digging roads.

They think they are irreplaceable, they should take a lesson from Jaks bouncers who know how to approach people, you won't catch them swearing at the public.

THERE TIME WILL COME

I have worked with the team at the Villa Marina for many years, even as far back as the summerland days and have the utmost respect for the way they conduct their business.

A lot of people react abusively to the security's decision but theirs is final and people should just do as they are told, whether it's fair or not.

I don't see this forum being the place for an attack on an individual.

The problem with any performance stage is that it is not covered by public liability insuance. So therefore the public are not permited on the stage unless clearance has been given before hand for use of it to the public and signed off in a risk assesment. Any band inviting people on stage should have cleared it before hand as part of their act.

All health and safety bollocks which I fucking hate, but thats the way it is i'm afraid.

Archived