5000 Cones

grant

We have 5000 cones being set up along the white lines between the Ramsey hairpin and the Creg. Today it's possible the road won't open for the public, as by the time they're all set up, they will need to remove them for the practices.

Am I the only person that didn't know that cones were going to be put up in this manner. We will have a single lane mountain road, where a bike can't overtake a car, so elderly ladies driving to Douglas in their 20+ year old Metros at 28mph will dictate the speed over the mountain.

Will this make the mountain road enjoyable? Will visitors come back next year for more of this? Will it make the road safer?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was just the start and the end that will have the cones?

at this rate it'll take about 2 hours to leave the mountain after the roads open

the organisation is a fucking joke, i was in ramsey from 11am unitl 14:30 waiting for the road to open , all we got from mr plod was in half an hour, seroiusly i think the entire exercise was just let the dot race their waggons on the moutain!

also from what we saw at least one of the waggons was an automatic cone layer.

someone should have their balls removed for this fuck up and wasting a lot of peoples time

I'm flabberghasted that you people honestly think the mountain is just going to be a one way race track for 14 days - grow up FFS

Don’t remember anyone saying that at all

Hang on.....

nope they didn’t

its a public road which was supposed to be open for traffic but due to the usual dot incompetence it wasn’t, which inconvenienced people.

I'm flabberghasted that you people honestly think the mountain is just going to be a one way race track for 14 days - grow up FFS

Quite a big difference between a one way race track, and a single lane road limited by the slowest rider/driver FFS.

I don't enjoy riding with power ranger lookalikes right up my arse. You may?

I want to be able to overtake someone who wants to go slower than me and if someone wants to go quicker, I want them to be able to overtake me. That's not actually a race is it? RC-Drift, or should that be Arsey Drift?

Just been over the mountain, there are cones from White Gates to the Hairpin, next cones are just past Bungelow Bridge to the crossing followed by cones from Keppel to the Creg with a nifty chicane before the corner. Traffic was ok with quite a few fast boys on bikes and couple of local knobs in corsas. Not to bad at all really. However, at the creg where the traffic is single lane there are no signs showing that the traffic is now two way, very dangerous.

Just like mad sunday.

Archived