5000 Cones

grant

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness there was a ground swell of support on these very forums for a one way system to promote a safer TT. If there are cones everywhere, it must make it even safer.

Ergo, what are people upset about.

DOT promote plan to make road safer - DOT carry out such a programme making road safer.

We should all be thoroughly pleased.

Unless a minority thought they would be able to enjoy the use of the Mountain section for there very own ickle race track. They must be a little dissapointed.

Ah well.

In fairness there was a ground swell of support on these very forums for a one way system to promote a safer TT. If there are cones everywhere, it must make it even safer.

DOT promote plan to make road safer - DOT carry out such a programme making road safer.

Unless a minority thought they would be able to enjoy the use of the Mountain section for there very own ickle race track. They must be a little dissapointed.

Ah well.

That's a bit dim isn't it? Why couldn't they have put cones everywhere and kept it two way or introduce a 30 limit and done likewise? Not that it sounds like they have done this on any scale anyway, but taking away any roadspace that can be used in any emergency is stupid planning

Ah well.

Isn't the point that the cones are limiting the stream of traffic to a queue?

The cones are there to slow people down on the approaches to other Junctions, such as the Bungalow to allow the traffic coming up from Sulby to join the course safely. By filtering it down to one lane, it makes it easier for those to find a gap and merge into it.

At the end it slows people down in readiness to join the two way system again - and again allow people coming up towards the Creg to turn onto the Creg back road. There are still plenty of spaces where you can over take/do what you like....

perhaps ALL the roads could be coned all year round to show the muppets which side of the road they ought to be on. in fact a scalextric type groove and pin system would be ideal.

There's nothing wrong with using all the road, in fact, it's often much safer to do so thereby increasing visibility of the road ahead. However, I'd be in favour of grooves for those idiots who can't position their cars correctly at junctions and those who swerve in the opposite direction to the way they're indicating because they can't be arsed turning the steering wheel enough to do the turn properly. I'm thinking of buying a tank for the daily commute - not too good for my carbon footprint, but should put the fun back into motoring :)

i'm aware of advanced driving lines and in favour of them when visibillity and safety is taken into account. but i spend a fair amount of my driving time dodging to the left of the road courtesy of pillocks..

What about banning all women drivers from all island roads for the whole two weeks. I can't think of anything that could make the roads safer.

This would have a positive and significant effect in accident reductions.

What about banning all women drivers from all island roads for the whole two weeks. I can't think of anything that could make the roads safer.

At last some truth and honesty!! Big Thumbs Up to this idea!!

At last some truth and honesty!! Big Thumbs Up to this idea!!

I think Maria Costello might have a word or two to say about that!

Archived