5000 Cones

grant

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many cones can go missing? I heard some bikers talking about taking some for collectors items, I thought it was quite funny but they might be serious. You know how mischeavous people are.... and who will be the next mighty one to sneak past the cctv on the ballaugh bridge speed camera and burn it out!

Acshully the system is very, vetry, good. It makes you realise the situation and cones are only there in bad spots (bunagalow and that and Creg)

The 60 mphpast Creg is hidden a bit by trees (lots of money to be had by Police fines :) :) :) :) )

So yes, a very good initiative. Pity about marshals and pity yesterday when road closed so even the cone lorries could not get to remove connes for races, hence 1/2 hour or so late start.

But all in all well done for this. 1 way is good. well done police, DoT and Government generally who had to say aye for apprtroval I suppose.

Well driving along the coast road to Douglas at 5 yesterday was interesting to say the least.

Firstly the dickhead who decided it would be a good time to drive a tractor along it and not pull in at any point to let anyone past.

Then the frankly suicidal bikers undertaking and overtaking regardless of what was coming in the other direction.

Special mention to one future organ donor who decided to overtake the car in front on a blind corner coming into Laxey narrowly missing the oncoming bus.

It will be carnage later in the week as the volume of bikes increases. 4:30 finishes and the mountain road from now on I think

Acshully the system is very, vetry, good. It makes you realise the situation and cones are only there in bad spots (bunagalow and that and Creg)

The 60 mphpast Creg is hidden a bit by trees (lots of money to be had by Police fines :) :) :) :) )

It's a 40mph past Creg Ny Baa - the 60 starts at Keppel gate, then 40mph half way down from Kate's Cottage, then back up to a 60 halfway down Brandish before the normal 40mph sign for Hillberry

Utter tosh.

I do it for the memories and so people who will never get a chance to see an onboard on a track/ road what its like.

Like:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...50&q=gavsta

and if you like a bit of bottom:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...93&q=gavsta

Enjoy.

Utter tosh.

I do it for the memories and so people who will never get a chance to see an onboard on a track/ road what its like.

Utter tosh.

170mph down the Ballamoda is not safe because of the junctions. However much you felt you were 'in control' No great breaking is gonna stop you if Doris pulls out because she hasn' seen the 170mph bike approaching.

170 on the Ballamoda before it was restricted.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...st&p=211864

Big balls, but perhap small cock syndrome....

Acshully the system is very, vetry, good. It makes you realise the situation

like having two way traffic and the possibility of someone coming the other way doesn't? Utter bollocks!

As someone else has said, the major accidents are likely to happen on the other roads now, as they're much less conducive to large volumes of traffic flowing freely. Don't forget, what goes down (from Ramsey) must first go up (to Ramsey)

Had a fast run over today and I dont think that its any worse than any Mad Sunday I have done.

Shame the usual stupid car drivers were up there deliberatly blocking the road to try and prvent over takes. Idiots.

Sorry, didn't realise it was your own personal race track, I mean, road! I expect you got frustrated because the car in front could corner quicker than you ;)

Utter tosh.

Utter tosh.

170mph down the Ballamoda is not safe because of the junctions. However much you felt you were 'in control' No great breaking is gonna stop you if Doris pulls out because she hasn' seen the 170mph bike approaching.

170 on the Ballamoda before it was restricted.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...st&p=211864

Big balls, but perhap small cock syndrome....

WTF has any of that got to do with having an on bike camera?

Had a fast run over today and I dont think that its any worse than any Mad Sunday I have done.

Shame the usual stupid car drivers were up there deliberatly blocking the road to try and prvent over takes. Idiots.

Sorry, didn't realise it was your own personal race track, I mean, road! I expect you got frustrated because the car in front could corner quicker than you ;)

No, but yielding to a faster vehicle on a non restrcited one way system with two lanes has to be better than sitting on the outside lane deliberatly.

And youll find that a good bike rider can go round corners at a corresponding/ faster speed than the average cage driver.

Got a bike have you?

I don't have a motorbike, but if I did have one I expect Gavsta and his slower vehicle would have to yield to me over the mountain cos I'm a right nutter me! And then when I got home I'd be so aroused I'd probably masturbate all over my bike or something.

WTF has any of that got to do with having an on bike camera?

In the same sentance Tempus also mentioned 'drive like a pillock'.

You use a camera on your bike. You also admit to what I consider to be driving like a pillock at 170mph down the Ballamoda on open roads - hence my quote.

Edit: typo

And there was me thinking this topic was about cones.

There isn't actually 5000 cones there are roughly 1500, I counted them today.

Archived