Is This True ? Or Just The Manx Rumour

Billy One Mate

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that it would take a little more than just a telephone call.

Most, if not all organised events of this nature have insurance against event cancellation for such circumstances as non-appearance, adverse weather or lack of ticket sales.

If it is the case of this event being threatened with cancellation, it should not be down to the Government to bail it out unless it was somehow involved in the process and therefore negligent in ensuring that sufficent insurance had been purchased. In which case, I would expect to see a few heads stuck on the bloody big tent poles that they've been putting up in Peel!

Stav.

It might well be unsubstantiated rumour but it does stack up in that it does describe roughly how the government supports such events including sports festivals.

Basically they provide a guarantee against loss up to a set amount. At the end of the event then you submit a claim if required backed up receipts and expenses and they cover the shortfall which is the lower of the set amount or actual loss. I think various events in TT week which are organised by the clubs are covered like this e.g. the beach racing where the cost to put on will be less that the entrance fees received.

I have no idea if this is the case with the PBF but I would not be surprised as the Govt may have taken the view that to rovide at worst case would still cost them less than trying to bring in big acts to the Villa Marina. But as I say that is pure suposition

I think that it would take a little more than just a telephone call.

Most, if not all organised events of this nature have insurance against event cancellation for such circumstances as non-appearance, adverse weather or lack of ticket sales.

If it is the case of this event being threatened with cancellation, it should not be down to the Government to bail it out unless it was somehow involved in the process and therefore negligent in ensuring that sufficent insurance had been purchased. In which case, I would expect to see a few heads stuck on the bloody big tent poles that they've been putting up in Peel!

Stav.

I think there's every chance of this being true. I think we've seen a display on this very forum which show the madness that infects this island with regards to the TT. Cost benefit goes out the window along with rational thought and all the stops get pulled.

If this is true, the manx bands posters have it spot on, and that 500k shouldn't be spent on bailing out a tent. If 500 grand is available for music, it should be spent on a music venue.

Sadly, we have a pretty good music venue, one where we've watched amazing acts like Robert Plant, and this year, because of the tent, the villa has a robot in it and naff all else.

I'm sick of the fucking TT. We all need to put pressure on our MHK's after this fortnight to get a financial summery of what it's cost us taxpayers.

We all need to put pressure on our MHK's after this fortnight to get a financial summery of what it's cost us taxpayers.

Then can we put their heads on the bloody big tent poles in Peel?

Stav.

We all need to put pressure on our MHK's after this fortnight to get a financial summery of what it's cost us taxpayers.

there will be some non disclosure, don't tell the public the cost of anything before any cash changes hands.

Archived