Tt Bus Transport

Nellie

A couple of years ago, we decided to go to the prom on Mad Sunday by bus. But the bus service was the normal Sunday service, so very infrequent buses. After chatting to a couple of Swedes, I said I would give up and got the car, came back to the bus stop and picked up the Swedes. Took them (and us, not entirely altruistic) down to the prom. I didn't want the money they felt they had to give us, and said so. But they pushed a fiver or so to the lad 'for the fair'. On that basis it was fine, but why doesn't IOM Transport make sure there are plenty of buses going to the prom on Mad Sunday?

You're expecting them to use common sense, this just dosn't seem to happen. I can't really understand why protours and the like don't get involved. There's such an obvious demand with little supply.

I walked past Protours Wooden Office on the old Cinema Heritage Homes are " restructuring " Protours are running some stuff but I didn't take much notice they've put up but I think there's some late runs and Peel runs as well as normal TT stuff.

And why haven't they tried putting some buses on for the Peel Bay Festival?

I live in Port Erin and don't want to drive there but you cant get a bus to Peel after 2.30pm and the next one back is 11am!!

and try getting there on a sunday! Got three visitors over with no transport who'd love to go to Peel on Mad Sunday. No chance from down south unless they get a bus to douglas then one to Peel. Bit of common sense and financial logic would get buses on ays like these.

Scuse dodgy pnctuation and typing, can'tbe bothered while in rant mode.

/rant over

We got ripped off by a taxi driver on a busy night this week - with a 'take it or leave it' type attitude. We were 'gazumped' by a load of p*ss*d up guys heading back to their camp site. I pointed out to the driver that it would only be the locals that will be using his service after TT - and I would be making every effort to avoid using his taxi in future. So many people this year have ££ for eyes!

I was well pissed off with the ruddy bus service on Sunday. Waited by the QB for the 2.40 to Peel and it sailed past! Sis in law waiting for the same bus at the bus station text me and said they were putting an extra bus on, that they had got on it and there was room. So we waited (with about another 20 people!) and low and behold it flew past our stop! The driver just waved 'not stopping' at us.

BUT IT MANAGED TO STOP AND LET PEOPLE ON AT THE STRANG!!!

I was going to write a stinking letter to the IOM Transport but cant be bothered now.

For heavens sake it was Honda day and Peel Festival - there should have been lots of extra busses! :(

Joined up Government, my foot! One thing they should have got right this TT was an excellent bus service to all kinds of places not on the normal routes to ferry people to and from the various events. There are probably thousands of people in campsites at various more obscure parts of the island that, with a bit of forethought, could have benefited from a good bus service to get them out and back.

My God, thinking about it, the buses are run by DTL, which makes the shambolic serivce even more of a disgrace.

if only it was just TT week

having spoken to a few bus drivers they can't stand all the extra buses and hassle - it's disruption for their settled little routes etc

I was told that, but, have since been told they need a few years service behind them and work loads of overtime to achieve that figure. I could be wrong so correct me if you know better.

Archived