Flouride In Water

geo

I've worked with both NHS and private dentists, I can assure you the quality of service is no better. Dentists have the same skills whether they work privately or for the NHS. They may fuss over you more and take more time over the treatment, but after all you are paying them lots of money! Down to funding.......or greed???

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnie,

Check out:-

http://www.npwa.freeserve.co.uk

for a UK based web resource, they have been against fluoridation for the past 40 years and lead the way in the UK fight.

As stated we acknowledge that naturally occuring calcium fluoride is somewhat beneficial to the skeletal frame, tooth enamel and immune system but it is mostly the calcium content that provides benefit, all fluorides are dangerous and artificial fluorides (toxic waste) are extremely harmful.

The artificial fluorides are not akin to naturally occuring calcium fluorides which genrally pass through the body. Artificial fluorides have been classified as accumulative protoplasmic poisons, i.e. they gradually build up in the body over the years to unacceptably dangerous levels causing damage to bone and tooth structures as well as depositing other dangerous substances such as lead and arsenic along the way.

Manx water contains calcium fluoride, it is sometimes very hard to find toothpaste that does not contain fluoride, and it is proven that a topical (direct) application of fluoride has the best effect, this is because fluoride is so highly reactive, it aggressively attacks whatever it comes into contact with which is why it succeeds in killing bacteria on the teeth. So why fluoridate our water, especially with toxic waste!

Even the British Fluoridation Society admit that the fluoridation chemicals used come from major industry, though they call the pollution scrubbers 'product retrival units' it is a total farce!

Proper diet and the controlled intake of refined sugar products coupled with regular brushing of the teeth should ensure good dental health, it could even be argued that breast feeding for the reccommended period during a babies formative months will also support a strong and healthy skeleton and tooth formation process.

As stated we acknowledge that naturally occuring calcium fluoride is somewhat beneficial to the skeletal frame, tooth enamel and immune system but it is mostly the calcium content that provides benefit, all fluorides are dangerous and artificial fluorides (toxic waste) are extremely harmful.

Extremely harmful in high doses.

Manx water contains calcium fluoride, it is sometimes very hard to find toothpaste that does not contain fluoride, and it is proven that a topical (direct) application of fluoride has the best effect,

Who suggested finding/using toothpaste that doesn't contain fluoride???

Yes, extremely harmful in high doses, such as would be experienced after years of ingesting artificially fluoridated water!

Nobody suggested finding toothpaste without fluoride, I mentioned it merely because almost all toothpaste does contain fluoride and if you use fluoride toothpaste and brush your teeth daily or twice daily then you are already doing what is proven to be the most effective way of killing bacteria on your teeth by applying a direct dose of fluoride to your teeth. This works because of the highly reactive nature of fluoride aggressively attacking the bacteria and killing it.

You mention extremely high doses but in just one tube of family sized fluoride toothpaste there is enough fluoride to kill a baby, this is why toothpaste usually advises a pea sized amount for small children and for the child to be supervised whilst brushing. In the US fluoride toothpaste carries the warning 'POISON' and says to keep out of reach of small children.

I've worked with both NHS and private dentists, I can assure you the quality of service is no better.  Dentists have the same skills whether they work privately or for the NHS.  They may fuss over you more and take more time over the treatment, but after all you are paying them lots of money!  Down to funding.......or greed???

As I say it depends on who you are with - and the experiences you have.

NHS dentist told me it was not possible to provide a crown, but that they would have to pull the tooth and give me a bridge - to which I said no thank you very much.

Off I went to private dentist, and yes, of course it is possible to crown the tooth - no problem - and they gave me perfect crown

- yes I had to pay - better option that the NHS course of action - who was very wrong saying it was not possible to do a crown -

- and as I say funding or greed - at the end of the day I want proper care - and that includes qtrly appointments with hygienists - are you telling me there is an NHS practise on the island providing this level of care - they are not funded to do this.

You mention extremely high doses but in just one tube of family sized fluoride toothpaste there is enough fluoride to kill a baby, this is why toothpaste usually advises a pea sized amount for small children and for the child to be supervised whilst brushing.

I'm well aware of this fact, thanks!

As I say it depends on who you are with - and the experiences you have.

NHS dentist told me it was not possible to provide a crown, but that they would have to pull the tooth and give me a bridge - to which I said no thank you very much.

Off I went to private dentist, and yes, of course it is possible to crown the tooth - no problem - and they gave me perfect crown

- yes I had to pay - better option that the NHS course of action - who was very wrong saying it was not possible to do a crown -

- and as I say funding or greed - at the end of the day I want proper care - and that includes qtrly appointments with hygienists - are you telling me there is an NHS practise on the island providing this level of care - they are not funded to do this.

I wouldn't say that the advice the NHS dentist gave you was the wrong advice, maybe that was the solution he thought was right for your situation. The only reason you think he was very wrong was because it wasn't the treatment you wanted.

Seeing a dental hygienist isn't a necessity for proper dental care, they don't do anything different to what a normal dentist can do for you. Dentists hire hygienists to lighten their own workload...............dentists don't make enough money from cleaning and polishing teeth, hence they pass this work on to a hygienist so that they can make more money doing bigger more expensive jobs.

I consider seeing a dental hygienist a necessity to proper dental care.  They provide a valuable and important service that dentists don't - cleaning your teeth!

It's not that dentists don't do the job, they won't do it cos they don't make enough money doing menial tasks like cleaning your teeth!

I'm not sure how much dentists get paid but if I was one I would want a seriously large amount of dosh for rummaging around a lot of mingin' gobs all day long!

Instead of complaining about the bloody fluoride why dont we all get our teeth taken out and save ourselves a fortune?

Instead of complaining about the bloody fluoride why dont  we all get our teeth taken out and save ourselves a fortune?

I'll be round at yours with my pliers tonite then! ;) Maybe with the money you save on dental care you could buy yourself a good hairpiece, Jay??? :lol:

If the government want to add flouride to the water - then why not vitamins or drugs ?

No thanks. I'd rather they invested the money on alternatives to chlorination. The disinfectant in our tap water often makes it taste foul.

Poor dental health care is a result of poor education and bad eating. Those are the issues which should be addressed.

Exactly our sentiments as well. Our press release was entitled 'No to Fluoridation - Yes to Education' the paper chose to give the article another title (which we are more than happy with) but we are all for more education, especially on dietary factors and good oral hygiene.

Archived