Link Span

Topaz

its the one in Heysham, apparently there was bikes on it at the time & the thing just collapsed, the main spar broke & sent bikes toppling over. Steam Packet are saying that it may impact on fast craft services later on in the week which may need to be re-routed to Liverpool instead of Heysham. The freight timetable will almost certainly be affected, and they are saying that all other additional timetables may be subject to change. Either way its not good!

fucking hell!

I hope the people on it at the time are ok

As much as I love slagging the Steam Packet off I doubtt we could blame them for this one but talk about the worst possible timing

I've just swapped my Thursday lunchtime sailing on the seacat to an early morning one on the Ben My Chree.

Very lucky there was no disaster when the linkspan failed.

Just swapped it back, too early.

Is that the bridge type bit on the ship ? Oh dear - that could have been nasty..... certainly I reckon thats a major job not counting all the sub aqua bikes now.

Terran

Is that the bridge type bit on the ship ? Oh dear - that could have been nasty..... certainly I reckon thats a major job not counting all the sub aqua bikes now.

Terran

The 'bridge' bit of the ship is usually where they have the chart table, navigational display's & steering wheel etc.

The linkspan is the bit on the land that the vehicles use to embark/disembark.

:)

Archived