[BBC News] Two more sniffer dogs at prison

Newsbot

How is that going to stop drugs getting into the Prison????

You are never going to completely stop drugs getting onto the Island. We have half a dozen harbours/marinas where boats can come and go. Do you propose that Castletown has it's own dedicated drugs dog checking every boat that comes in from the UK etc? Working 24 hours a day would need 3 or 4 dogs, and handlers, times by the number of harbours we have........

I have seen Sniffer dogs at the sea terminal checking people/baggage it happens most of the time. And i have also been searched and quizzed coming into ronaldsway a few times.

I used to get stopped and searched alot when coming home for the weekend because i would not prebook and just turn up and get on the flight/boat.

I have seen Sniffer dogs at the sea terminal checking people/baggage it happens most of the time. And i have also been searched and quizzed coming into ronaldsway a few times.

I used to get stopped and searched alot when coming home for the weekend because i would not prebook and just turn up and get on the flight/boat.

but thats 'cos pre-booked means your name is logged and is checked by the MI6 agents

http://www.sis.gov.uk/output/Page79.html

against the list of undesirables whereas buying when you turn up triggers an automatic search notification.

Archived