Tt Pushers In Schools.

keyboarder

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...the single biggest cause of unplanned premature death in the Isle of Man.

I'd like to know what the single biggest cause of planned premature death is in the Isle of Man?

Stav.

Suicide followed by murder.

I think educating children from an early age will have its plus side, i think the rider would have talked about how dangerous the sport is and i assume that he would have had his leathers and crash helmet with him.

My Sister works at the school so i will ask her if any safty measures or highlighting how dangerous the sport was mentioned.

I remember having paratroppers visiting Onchan school when i was a kid, big cheeps were had by all but knowone would have complained that they were `pushers`. I kind of see the point in starting this thread and others like this being posted by keyboarder maybe things are looking up for one of our trolls.

Now, I don't want to pick on Steve Harper, I don't even know him, but there was a story in this week's Courier about him showing off his racing bike at Manor Park School. The children were apparently thrilled when he revved the engine, lol... Am I alone in finding this sort of thing highly distasteful, even a little macabre? I'm glad I don't have children attending this school, although it wouldn't seem so bad if parents were given an opt out. Were they?

oh for god's sake, get a life! TT centenary happens once every 100 years and like Manor Park school, many have had riders/marshals/etc in...oh and the local bobby who was 'pushing' the 'safe TT' message to the kids. In my book, anything that turns the kids onto learning is worthwhile!

when i was a nipper i remember the army coming to visit and even setting up an assualt course and the soldiers letting us hold their rifles.

But big shock ................... i didn't join the army or become a gun toting psychopath!

when i was a nipper i remember the army coming to visit and even setting up an assualt course and the soldiers letting us hold their rifles.

But big shock ................... i didn't join the army or become a gun toting psychopath!

I am dissapointed now :S

Complete idiot!!

The TT is part of the history and culture of the Isle of Man whether you want to face the fact or not! Don't think that by denying kids access to people who make that come alive is going to make them a clone of you sad twats who never took a risk in their lives, you are wrong.

Life is about choice, don't try to make it impossible to make an educated choice! You are not always right!

Calm down dear. It's just a discussion.

And (whilst I can't believe I'm sticking up for him/her) Keyboarder seems to actually be trying to ask a vaguely sensible-ish question even though I don't agree at all.

I'd like to know what the single biggest cause of planned premature death is in the Isle of Man?

Stav.

Suicide probably.

Surely something like heart disease is a worse killer than bikes anyway?

Probably. As a result of which kids are taught the benefits of a balanced diet.

'I'm not worried'. You clearly are otherwise why start a thread on a complete non-event? Just get real!

There is a difference between worrying and finding something distasteful. I don't understand the rest of your post.

TT centenary happens once every 100 years

You're jumping the gun a bit there aren't you?

and like Manor Park school, many have had riders/marshals/etc in...oh and the local bobby who was 'pushing' the 'safe TT' message to the kids. In my book, anything that turns the kids onto learning is worthwhile!

What is the safe TT message? And why do kids need to learn it?

Keyboarder is anxiously scanning Manx Radio for reports of a 7 year old drunk minimoto rider from Willaston killing someone on the prom for proof of his warped logic!

Uuh, nope. (that site is apparently struggling at the moment anyway).

Complete idiot!!

Come on, don't be too hard on yourself.

The TT is part of the history and culture of the Isle of Man whether you want to face the fact or not!

Isn't that what I am doing?

Don't think that by denying kids access to people who make that come alive is going to make them a clone of you sad twats who never took a risk in their lives, you are wrong.

No, you are wrong. You don't know me from Adam, and I can assure you I have taken plenty of risks, many of them on motorbikes. You appear to have completely and utterly missed the point. (as usual).

Life is about choice, don't try to make it impossible to make an educated choice! You are not always right!

Your use of exclamation marks do not make these statements any less ridiculous.

There is a difference between worrying and finding something distasteful. I don't understand the rest of your post.

Distasteful? :lol: You actually find somebody bringing a motorbike to a school distasteful?

I suppose if the kids are brought to a fire station it's in bad taste, after all fire is dangerous and we don't want them all to become arsonists.

You really are Pathetic.

Distasteful? :lol: You actually find somebody bringing a motorbike to a school distasteful?

I suppose if the kids are brought to a fire station it's in bad taste, after all fire is dangerous and we don't want them all to become arsonists.

You really are Pathetic.

What a monumentally dim post, proving beyond doubt that you are either too lazy to read through the thread or are an actual halfwit.

You really are Pathetic.

What a monumentally dim post, proving beyond doubt that you are either too lazy to read through the thread or are an actual halfwit.

:lol: Being called a halfwit by somebody who thinks bringing a motorbike to a school is distasteful.

I'll just let you carry on making a tool of yourself on these forums.

Archived