Tt Pushers In Schools.

keyboarder

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, I don't want to pick on Steve Harper, I don't even know him, but there was a story in this week's Courier about him showing off his racing bike at Manor Park School. The children were apparently thrilled when he revved the engine, lol... Am I alone in finding this sort of thing highly distasteful, even a little macabre? I'm glad I don't have children attending this school, although it wouldn't seem so bad if parents were given an opt out. Were they?

I would have loved a visit in the 1960's, as it is I had to put up with a trip to the grandstand once a year.

Lucky kids :-)

I've just got back to "across" after practice week and I'd like to add the following..

This morning on the BBC news it mentioned that kids in the UK rarely venture beyond their back gardens for fear of the outside world. While sitting on the prom at Honda day ( excellent ice cream ), I commented to my wife how much slimmer / healthier the Manx kids looked compared to kids in the South of England. Manx kids are also noticeably more friendly / comfortable in the company of adults. Good on you Manx, you should cherish the society you have. Do not let the health and safety Nazis ruin it.

PS Hi from a Newbie!!

Yes, abuse is more than making statements, but calling someone a complete idiot, isn't a statement.

OK, I can't be bothered arguing about it, if you knew me you'd find that I'm not abusive, I do feel strongly when people make stupid comments though and it angers me.

, if you knew me you'd find that I'm not abusive, I do feel strongly when people make stupid comments though and it angers me.

And what were these stupid comments that angered you so?

Apologies....this is what comes of reading Manxforums at 2am after a couple of pints. I won't do it again sorry.

Archived