Minimalist Composers - Glass, Reich, Cage Etc..

loaf

I've been discovering Steve Reich's earlier works - was first introduced to Reich with Electric Counterpoint a few years ago, moved onto Different Trains and then finally got the Phases 5 CD collection. Can't stop listening to Music for 18 Musicians at the moment. Quite like some of the movements in Drumming too. I've also enjoyed Philip Glass's Dance VIII, so it looks like I have a real thing for minimalist works.

I know this section tends to be about bands or dance music, but does anyone else listen to modern composers/minimalist stuff? Any recommendations?

I've been discovering Steve Reich's earlier works - was first introduced to Reich with Electric Counterpoint a few years ago, moved onto Different Trains and then finally got the Phases 5 CD collection. Can't stop listening to Music for 18 Musicians at the moment. Quite like some of the movements in Drumming too. I've also enjoyed Philip Glass's Dance VIII, so it looks like I have a real thing for minimalist works.

I know this section tends to be about bands or dance music, but does anyone else listen to modern composers/minimalist stuff? Any recommendations?

Reich remixed is quite good (well i like it)

it's Steve Reich erm remixed :)

Archived