All The Local Clergy Leaders Speak Out On Abortion

copycat

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and particularly seeing as there are strong viewpoints being voiced across what is the stance of the local RC clergy? and the Bishop - there seems a deafening silence in the paper and on the radio - then again getting an interview would mean someone having to do some work rather than wait for a press release.

Doesn't it all come back to the central issue in the Roe v Wade case in the USA (and in the wider abortion debate in general) as to whether human life begins at conception, birth, or at some point in between.

Doesn't it all come back to the central issue in the Roe v Wade case in the USA (and in the wider abortion debate in general) as to whether human life begins at conception, birth, or at some point in between.

Does it? Please explain what you are trying to say and why you started this totally bizarre thread with a fake headline.

...words..... as to whether human life begins at conception, birth, or at some point AFTER.

I think in your case the jury is still out on that one....

Post fixed.

Can somebody please explain the law about abortion on the IOM?

Do women have to travel away for the procedure?

Is contraception available free from GPs as it is in the UK?

the law i believe is the same as the UK- you do have to travel away for the procedure & you can get free condoms from doctors & family planning clinic.

The law on the Isle of Man is the Termination of Pregnancy (Medical Defences) act. It essentially means that termination through personal choice is illegal. The pregnancy can only be terminated in very specific cases - if the baby would cause physical or mental damage to the mother or could risk her life it it were born. A baby can also be terminated if it is a result of rape or incest.

Otherwise women have to go to the UK for a private operation.

In my opinion this is a disgrace. Abortion is about choice.

Although that said, we could be in Ireland, which is a whole lot worse.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/loc...icle2528516.ece

The story, for those who can't be bothered to click the link, involves a 17 yr old girl who is a ward of the state. She found out that her unborn child would be born with such severe deformities that it would die within hours of being born. The girl said that she would go to England for an abortion, as it is illegal in Ireland. Upon hearing this, the Irish authorities confiscated her passport to prevent her from going. She took them to court and won.

the law i believe is the same as the UK- you do have to travel away for the procedure & you can get free condoms from doctors & family planning clinic.

The law on the Isle of Man is the Termination of Pregnancy (Medical Defences) act. It essentially means that termination through personal choice is illegal. The pregnancy can only be terminated in very specific cases - if the baby would cause physical or mental damage to the mother or could risk her life it it were born. A baby can also be terminated if it is a result of rape or incest.

Otherwise women have to go to the UK for a private operation.

In my opinion this is a disgrace. Abortion is about choice.

Although that said, we could be in Ireland, which is a whole lot worse.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/loc...icle2528516.ece

The story, for those who can't be bothered to click the link, involves a 17 yr old girl who is a ward of the state. She found out that her unborn child would be born with such severe deformities that it would die within hours of being born. The girl said that she would go to England for an abortion, as it is illegal in Ireland. Upon hearing this, the Irish authorities confiscated her passport to prevent her from going. She took them to court and won.

No link attached to original post!

For copycat - Nothing in the local papers and no-one has bothered to ask the local clergy or the bishop so how can they reply to something they haven't been asked!! If you want to know what they think then get your local media to ask them, or perhaps, instead of coming on here and spouting off, you write to your local clergy (if you know who that is) or the bishop (you surely know who that is) and ask them yourself - just a thought. ;)

perhaps, instead of coming on here and spouting off, you write to your local clergy (if you know who that is) or the bishop (you surely know who that is) and ask them yourself - just a thought. ;)

But if he did that he wouldn't have a reason to complain about the media as he'd have the answer.

perhaps, instead of coming on here and spouting off, you write to your local clergy (if you know who that is) or the bishop (you surely know who that is) and ask them yourself - just a thought. ;)

But if he did that he wouldn't have a reason to complain about the media as he'd have the answer.

true!

Maybe no-one has asked the church as really, it has nothing whatsoever to do with them, or me for that matter.

I am neither pro-abortion or anti-abortion. I don't have a view on it as it does not and will never effect me.

The 'church' and 'religion' should do the same.

Catholics are against birth control because it swells there numbers. For example the average Irish family consists of two adults and 3.9 children.

A very efficient and time-proven method of spreading a virus.

Every sperm is sacred!

every_sperm_is_sacred1.jpg

Abortion is about choice.

aye, in every murder there is choice.

I don't have a view on it as it does not and will never effect me.

The 'church' and 'religion' should do the same.

it may not effect you.. but it does effect the 'church' and 'religion'.

and heck, if we were to turn a blind eye to everything that doesn't effect 'ourselves'... what a tragic world we'd all be living in.

Archived