Bikers! (most Anyway!)

keyboarder

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The original post was a bit half assed in its construction to be fair.

Well you grasped it so it couldn't have been that bad. I suspect the problem was that Declan and Rhumsaa didn't understand that wander can be (albeit less commonly) used as a noun as well as the more usual verb.

That would work if you said "my wanders around the grandstand...have convinced me."

Anyway, what was the point you were trying to make?

to be fair though the arguments over structure of your post are infinitely more interesting than the content of your drivel

The original post was a bit half assed in its construction to be fair.

Well you grasped it so it couldn't have been that bad. I suspect the problem was that Declan and Rhumsaa didn't understand that wander can be (albeit less commonly) used as a noun as well as the more usual verb.

No, sorry. It was pretty bad but I still knew what you meant. It's like that 'old chestnut' email where the letters within the words are jumbled aside from the first & last letter in each word. If it was done by accident it would be pretty half assed to say the least, but it's still able to be understood by many people.

Anyway, piss off. I was sort of sticking up for you.

No dude, I don't think you did. Just accused me of being mean and that he (you were saying she back then too....) didn't deserve it.

Still. Doesn't matter. If someone makes an effort to be reasonable they should be given a chance normally. Unless they are a chav of course. Then they just need a good old vigilante beating of course. :)

I used to be a marketing man - I admit it was for a University (an old one too) and I've yet to make a mess on my sheets about this. Surely it's the same corporate blandness at every big bike meet. In which case then thanks to the TT for getting this lot over for the (y)locals to get cheap bits. I'm lucky, when I was a bike rider - Ally Pally bike show was an hours train ride away, The NEC - two hours drive. I could get lots of little bits- - gloves were the most important for me, I have since learned that the £10 bucket of gloves are by far the best value if you ride sports bike. Same level of protection, same level of steadfastness and rigidity when trying your best to grip hold of the tarmac to slow you down whilst sliding down said tamac on your arse/face/arse/face/arse/face/arse/arse/arse owoowowoowowow /arse........... than a pair of Frank Thomas race gloves (@ 90 a pop and honestly no comfier and lasted the same amount of mileage as the £10 ones you will get behind the Grandstand.)

Or is that just me. ;)

Or is it me biting at the original poster trying to bait other members into calling him a tool?

Maybe it's you that's changed? Becoming more tolerent of the eccentrics?

Nah. Eccentric is fine. Being outright nasty without provocation is not, and they seem to be doing that less often.

Archived