So Where's All The Traffic ?

Tempus Fugit

it was quieter than a sunday morning out today, hardly anything about, car park was only about 1/4 full, quiet lunchtime and even tonight coming home after the roads were open only had to stop for a couple of traffic lights, not because of any tailbacks, it was quieter than a school day.

So, .... where's all the traffic gone ?

Quite a few Islanders have gone on holiday or took the week off but the truth about the festival this year is this ... Douglas is so full of bloody empty flats that few are staying in town anymore. Its great news for homestay and for places like Ramsey and Peel and for the camp sites, but the truth is that there is significant traffic at night when everyone is coming in for a pint and the shows, and that's about it.

They're in their homestays or campsite, they can avoid Douglas and go straight to watching the races, have a beer, grab some food and come into town early evening. There's also been loads of good stuff like the numerous sprints in Ramsey, and the concerts in Peel etc to break things up.

Its a case of the accomodation crisis fixing the traffic problems by dispersing everyone all over the place.

TF - I believe the correct procedure is to ask the local media to find out or to ask your local political representative or someone other than posting a question on the forum and expecting forum members to reply - at least that seems to be the impression I am getting - then again I don't take much notice of such comments since posting questions on here gets a much quicker result and usually from people who know what's what etc whereas you can't rely on the local media or politicians for straight answers can you?

No Copycat, TF asked a normal question. You mix a question with stupid comments you have overheard and get stiffy`s over the fact that one day you might post something that is true and people will think " wow Copycat said that first."

Big difference.

Quite a few Islanders have gone on holiday or took the week off

Very true, My daughter and I were in Ikea at Warrington last night and parked up next to a manx car. (was tempted to leave a note on their windscreen!!!) Also spotted a few on the M6 and one in Wigan......... so yes u manxies are out n about and appear to have avoided the TT.

I was on the Mountain at Dinner Time, it was sooooo peacefull. The only vehicle was a police car going back and forwards along the Mountain road, so I put my radio on to see why there was no trafic and found out that the mountain was shut till 1.30pm.

I stayed for an hour or 2 and then decided to use the mountain road as a footpath and made my way back to the car.

it was quieter than a sunday morning out today, hardly anything about, car park was only about 1/4 full, quiet lunchtime and even tonight coming home after the roads were open only had to stop for a couple of traffic lights, not because of any tailbacks, it was quieter than a school day.

I was expecting it to be mad, the traffic wasn't bad at all! What was all the fuse about? :)

Archived